Cody M. Stevens Construction,Inc.
Cody M. Stevens Construction, Inc. is an SBA 8(a) Certified General Contracting Company headquartered in Ventura, CA. We provide general construction services to both private and Federal clients with a focus on federal and military projects.
Our specialty is interior and exterior tenant improvements and renovations locally and in various locations throughout California for our federal and military clients. We are looking for an experienced superintendent who is a motivated self-starter to help grow our business.
General Summary of Position: Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule. Includes interfacing with client representatives and other contractors, etc. Plan, coordinate and supervise onsite functions (scheduling, engineering, material control, and may provide day to day direction of onsite administrative staff in purchasing, accounting, etc.) Position may oversee one or more jobs/areas at a time.
- Directly oversees job site personnel and subcontractors engaged in planning and executing work schedules and coordinating various phases of construction to prevent delays
- Works with Project Manager and Scheduler in the development and refinement of the project schedule, to keep the schedules properly updated, and see that the job meets the completion date.Create/Alter small project schedules with Microsoft Project
- Studies specifications to plan procedures for construction on basis of starting and completion times
- Orders procurement of tools and materials to be delivered at specific times to conform to work schedules
- Inspects work in progress to ensure that workmanship conforms to specifications and the adherence to construction schedules
- Prepares or reviews reports on progress, materials used and costs, and adjusts work schedules as indicated on reports
- Prepares all field operations including material tickets, 3-week schedule, progress schedule, daily reports, quality control and safety reports, definable features of work, and 3-Phase QC prep meetings as required
- Schedule, manage and supervise completion of a final punch list
- Ensure all company employees, contractors and subcontractors are adhering to the company's safety policy
- Problem Solving: Analyze problems and make sound decisions in a timely manner based on objectives, risks, implications and costs
- Minimum 5 years of Construction experience working in the capacity of Superintendent on Federal government construction
- Knowledgeable in General Building construction
- Air Force, USACE and NAVFAC experience is a plus
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem-solving situations; uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics
- Writes clearly and informatively; edits work for spelling and grammar; varies writing style to meet needs; presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information
- Manages difficult customer situations
- Responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance
- Meets commitments
- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, listens and gets clarification, and responds well to questions
- Proficient computer experience including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and scheduling, etc. required
- Current First Aid/CPR/AED
- Current OSHA 30 certification, preferred
- EM385-1-1 40 Hour Certification is a plus
- CQM certification is a plus
$100,000 to $115,000 per year
About Cody M. Stevens Construction,Inc.
Our Company's competitive pricing, safety record, attention to detail, and reliability provide our federal clients with the best value construction team for any project. Our rapid growth speaks for itself and provides growth within the company for years to come.