Herman Construction Group
We are looking for a construction SSHO to join our well-established team. We need someone who can create our safety management system and establish policies and procedures that comply with all safety regulations.
This project is design-build at Black Butte Headquarters and Maintenance Shop in Orland, California. This is a single story, ground up building approximately 8,500'. The role off the CQCM is a stand alone role. The ideal candidate will be ready to jump in, prepared to lead QC meetings, manage daily reports and manage the submittal register.
If you’re an experienced safety professional with excellent interpersonal, project management, and communication skills, we’d love to talk with you! Please apply today.
- Issue safety reprimands and corrective action recommendations when safety concerns are present
- Spearhead construction site risk assessments, safety audits, and safety meetings
- Conduct incident and injury evaluations and investigate job-site safety reports
- Assure personal protective equipment is used correctly and readily available
- Verify compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) safety regulations and safety standards on sites
- Lead construction health and safety training programs, including new hire safety orientation
- Create and execute workplace safety programs, emergency response plans, construction safety policies, and job-site hazard analyses
- Work with construction managers and project managers to ensure all potential risk management and safety issues are addressed
- The SSHO is responsible for managing, implementing, and enforcing the project Accident Prevention Plan. The SSHO shall provide full-time on-site safety and occupational health management, surveillance, inspections, training, and safety enforcement
- Prepare Accident Prevention Plan’s (APP) and ensure that it is followed by all employees, subcontractors, and vendors at each service site (The APP shall incorporate Activity Hazard Analyses (AHAs) and Situation Specific Safety Plans that are relevant to the site-specific hazards and controls for each activity and type of work that may be encountered on the contract)
- Coordination of safety issues with the Quality Control Manager and site Superintendent on new definable features of work
- Maintain current SDS (MSDS) list of hazardous chemicals on-site
- CPR certifications required for this position
- Ability to work independently and excellent project management, interpersonal, and communication skills are needed
- 3 years of experience in the construction industry as a safety officer, safety consultant, or in risk management/ safety management
- Firm understanding of construction safety standards and regulations (OSHA, ANSI, NFPA, and OHSA)
- Current CPR/First Aid certificate
- Current 30 hour OSHA training
- Current EM385.1-1 40 Hour Certificate
- 5 Years of continuous construction safety training to equate to 8 hours a year
- Superior knowledge of construction principles/practices
$85,000 - $95,000 yearly
About Herman Construction Group
Herman Construction, Group Inc. is a leading design-build contractor headquartered in Escondido, CA, and a subsidiary of Bristol Bay Native Corporation, an Alaska Native Corporation with operations in government services, construction, industrial services, and tourism.
Our EEO Policy
We are an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
EEO is the law.