Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Our team is growing, and we’re looking for a skilled construction safety advisor to join our tight-knit group. You will be a Roaming Transmission Safety Professional responsible for Gas Pipeline Construction Safety. Safety professionals will have a 4-year degree with a safety focus or at least 5 years experience in a construction safety position. The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic, hardworking, organized, hands-on person with good technical and communication skills, problem-solving capability, and the ability to work independently. Must be physically capable of performing the work requirements asked of them. The candidate must be willing to listen, learn. Please apply today.
- Communicate with construction managers and project managers to make sure all potential risk management and safety issues are addressed
- Confirm that personal protective equipment is available and used correctly
- Verify compliance with OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration) safety regulations and safety standards on sites
- Provide safety oversight to company crews and subcontractors while enhancing industry-leading safety culture
- Responsible for onsite safety field audits, meetings, site risk assessments, reporting, and following up on safety action plans
- Track trends and provide recommendations to upper management
- Complete all required administrative paperwork (timesheets, logs, schedules, etc.) accurately, and within the specified timelines
- Development of Site-Specific Safety Plans
- Assist in incident investigations, including root cause
- Maintain excellent communication with colleagues
- This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as delegated to meet the ongoing needs of the company
- Certification in OSHA 30 is required and OSHA 500/510 is preferable
- Up-to-date knowledge of construction safety standards and regulations (NFPA, OSHA, ANSI, and OHSA)
- Experience operating equipment/machinery and software is required, in addition to having the ability to plan, schedule, and undertake work safely, independently, and professionally
- 5 years experience in construction safety or a 4-year degree
- First Aid and Confined Space certifications are preferred
- Ability to work in all types of weather and travel throughout the Midwest and Mid-Atlantic regions.Must complete and pass a pre‐employment drug alcohol screen
- Valid Driver’s License
- Ability to travel required
- Must be able to work long hours and weekends if needed. Typically 50-60 hours per week
- Must pass the practical exam
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
$27 - $35 per hour based upon experience
About Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services
Mid-Ohio Pipeline Services is continuously dedicated to providing the pipeline industry with services that exceed the expectations of our customers while maintaining the highest regard for safety, quality, and the environment.
Our goal is to provide the greatest value in the energy pipeline construction industry. With over 50 years of experience, we look to diversify into renewable energy sectors that will continue to support the utility industry through the next 50 years.
Mid-Ohio Pipeline is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace offering quality benefits to employees including:
- Medical /Dental /Life Insurance.
- 401K with match.
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
- Paid Holiday and PTO/Vacation.
- Work boot reimbursement program.