Schlick Construction is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to join our family. Our dynamic workplace ensures that no day is the same.
We are looking for someone with a positive “can-do “attitude. Must have at least 5+ years of experience managing custom home construction and renovations, along with 2+ years up-fitting luxury condominiums, in a downtown environment, is preferable.
You will be the on-site face of Schlick Construction for the homeowner and our trade partners. Displaying a work ethic for being on time, detailed, and extraordinarily thorough is a must.
You will be interpreting plans and specifications, creating schedules, and executing the delivery of the home. As the project manager, you must be able to effectively manage subcontractors and trade partners, always keeping an organized and immaculately clean job site. The responsibilities also include daily project operations such as keeping costs within budget, assisting with bid packages, and estimating and foreseeing long-lead items due to the intricate nature of our custom homes and renovations.
- Schedule and coordinate subcontractors, Schlick Constructions' labor, and materials
- Understand, plan, and review the construction program including plan layout, equipment and manpower needs, budget, and schedule; making sure the project is completed in a timely manner
- Maintain an organized, safe, and positive work environment
- Prepare weekly schedules
- Scheduling of all building inspections
- Approval of work-in-process requests for payment
- Review of subcontracts, periodic rating of subcontractors, and providing appropriate feedback to trades
- Providing weekly summary per job: work accomplished this week, work planned for coming week, decisions needed from the owner
- Follow through on all established procedures for change orders
- Direct and develop supervisor(s), punch crew(s), and other assigned staff
- Suggest alternative methods, materials, and trades to maximize efficiency (cost, quality, timeliness)
- Establish efficient weekly "routines" to maximize time and resources
- Positively represent Schlick Construction to all trades, clients, officials, etc., adhering to all company standards of operation
- 5 years of previous experience in custom residential construction
- OSHA 30 certification or willingness to obtain
- This is a field position and travel will be required between job sites
$40,000 - $80,000 yearly
About DVG Realty
DVG Realty works in partnership with Orange Property Management, Schlick Construction, Solid Roofing, and Dreamvesting Capital Group to provide a comprehensive approach to all matters involving Real Estate.