Nice Guys Buying Houses
We've been investing in people, homes, and communities since 2015 and have purchased, sold, renovated, built new, and rented over 100 houses. We are a successful, fast growing, real estate investment company in Greenville. We are looking for a team oriented and collaborative builder and/or experienced construction project manager to join our team as we seek to transform, build, and renovate 24-36 homes in the next 12 months. We need you!
Do you fit any of these descriptions?
Are you currently building for a national or local production builder? We know the grueling hours you put in driving all over the place, dealing with unreasonable customers, and the high pressures put on you by the corporate office. You can do very well with us and have awesome life/work balance.
Are you a former or retired home builder looking to put your home building skills back to work? Why not come and grow in a small, upbeat company without taking on all the responsibility and risk of your previous endeavors. You have more to give, and we need your craft, experience, and skill. We want your experience and leadership.
Are you a real estate agent who used to be a builder and for some reason got out of the business?
Are you an experienced construction project manager who desires to do more? If so, we would like to talk with you.
- Experience At least 2 to 3 years of construction experience with major renovation projects or new construction.
- Financial transparency All receipts will be turned into our bookkeeper, which means you don’t have to do any accounting work. We’ve got you covered.
- Estimating Be available to tour prospective projects and provide company with estimates and preliminary budget projections within 48 hours. Upload report and pictures to company software.
- Positive relationships with existing sub-contractor base: If your subs think you hang the moon then you’re the person we’re looking for. That said, the subs will need to submit invoices to our company bookkeeper prior to being paid. Constantly be looking for new subcontractors that can bring value to our company.
- Licensing Have passed, or have the ability and qualifications to pass the General Contractor Exam in the State of South Carolina.
- Master scheduler: We need you to know how to manage and schedule subs in order to bring projects in on time and on/under budget.
- Tech Savvy: Knows how to set up spreadsheets and do calculations and budgeting.
- Attend networking events with company owner: Greenville Home Builder Association Meetings, Real Estate networking events.
- Permitting Pull permits with appropriate agencies. Work with city inspectors as needed to ensure all inspections are completed, final CO’s granted, etc.
- Reporting Twice weekly meetings to discuss various projects. Keep detailed daily notes on each project.
- Detail Oriented: A good finisher that punches out the house properly and makes sure that completion includes a clean, well punched out home, ready for the marketplace.
Language Basic understanding of Spanish a plus.
The ideal candidate possesses the following character attributes:
- First your upbringing must have instilled a good work ethic in you. Everyone in our company works hard and has fun. So will you!
- You will be required to work 40 to 50 hours per week. More in peak season, and less in non-peak. We want a hard working builder with at least 2 years of experience.
- A servant leader. Are you willing to do anything you ask others to do? That doesn’t mean a weak leader, but someone who commands respect leading by example. You have the ability to read people and know when to use a firm vs gentle hand. Grace is encouraged, but if the bottom line of the project, or safety is compromised, knowing when to quickly dismiss a poor performing subcontractor is crucial.
- You are good at identifying and retaining talented and ethical subcontractors. You enjoy building a high performing team that allows the renovations to not only go well, but where subcontractors support each other instead of pointing fingers when there are mistakes.
$63,000 - $80,000, commensurate upon experience
About Nice Guys Buying Houses
Like the name suggests, we are Nice! Our company offers red carpet solutions to home owners seeking to sell their home outside of the traditional real estate model. Our typical client needs help moving an unwanted property for various life reasons.
We’ve been investing in people, homes, and communities since 2015 and have purchased, renovated, built, rented and sold over 100 houses. This year we are on track to invest in 50-60 properties, including a mixture of wholesales, “whole-tails,” rehabs, rentals, land acquisition, and new construction.
We believe in legacy. We believe in taking what’s old and worn out and making it new again for another 30 to 50 years.
We are a company our community can depend on to buy their home when a traditional selling situation is not right for them. We are 5 Star Rated on the BBB. If you have what it takes to join our high performance team, please apply.
Learn more by watching these videos: