DFW - Construction Texas
Our busy company is seeking an experienced Construction Estimator to join our team of construction professionals. We need someone with strong math skills and excellent communication skills to write proposals, cost estimates, and detailed takeoffs on our construction projects. We are also looking for someone who is adept in using construction software to hunt down new project leads as well as using the software to send out requests for bids. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably in estimating or project management. If you are looking to work alongside some of the best in the industry, please apply today!
- Interface with the construction project manager to oversee and coordinate the bid process for vendors and subcontractors
- Examine specifications, blueprints, proposals, and construction documents to understand the project as a whole
- Supply accurate and clear quantity takeoff information to provide a detailed list of materials and assess the total construction costs
- Create estimates, budgets, written proposals, costs, and updates for clients and project managers
- Inquire with clients regarding the status of submitted proposal and budgets
- Critical thinking, analytical skills, and very strong math skills are required
- 3 years of experience in the construction industry - project estimating or construction management is necessary
- Comprehension of research methodology, accounting, data and risk analysis, and estimation metrics is crucial
- A Bachelors’ degree in construction management, civil engineering, accounting, or a related field is required
- Certified Professional Estimator (CPE) certification from the American Society of Professional Estimators (ASPE) is preferred
$65,000 yearly DOE
About DFW - Construction Texas
General commercial construction company with a focus on retail and restaurant finish-out projects.