Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., the world’s leading wetland and waterfowl conservation organization, is seeking a self-motivated, experienced construction manager or civil engineering technician to be located in the Southwest Minnesota area. The successful applicant will join a highly motivated conservation team of biologists, engineers, and construction managers who are responsible for the planning, design, and construction of wetland restoration and enhancement projects. Primary responsibilities will be in Minnesota.
It is the policy of Ducks Unlimited, Inc. to afford equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons regardless of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age (40 or over), disability (physical, mental or visual), genetic information, marital status (including registered domestic partnership status), military and veteran status, immigration status, or any other category protected by federal, state or local law.
Specific duties include:
- Perform topographic surveys using a total station and GPS survey equipment
- AutoCAD Civil 3D drafting support. Applicants should be familiar with:
- Preparation of topographic survey drawings
- Land development plans
- Preparation of detailed design drawings from engineering notes, sketches, and/or other drawings
- Construction/staking plans
- Cross-sections, alignments, corridors, feature lines, profiles, earthwork and grading tools, and quantity calculation methods.
- Preparation of as-built drawings.
- Conduct field inspection and perform construction management oversight as needed.
- Ensure that consultants and contractors adhere to project plans, specifications, and schedules.
- Fieldwork includes strenuous outdoor activity in difficult environmental conditions.
- Must be able to operate ATV and outboard boats when necessary. Occasional overnight travel will be required.
- Candidates must have at minimum, a two-year technical degree in a related field and have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in the construction industry.
- Desirable qualifications include experience with Civil3D, survey, construction management, and erosion control.
- Demonstrated oral, written and interpersonal communication skills are essential.
- Candidates must be self-motivated, goal-oriented, and able to work with and solve problems in close team-based relationships.
- Candidates should have experience with heavy construction including standard construction methods, material testing, record keeping, etc.
About Ducks Unlimited, Inc.
Ducks Unlimited conserves, restores, and manages wetlands and associated habitats for North America's waterfowl. These habitats also benefit other wildlife and people.