We are looking for a talented Construction Manager to join our growing team in Hancock County! If you love the homebuilding process, especially when building cool homes, and enjoy managing people and processes, we encourage you to apply!
The Construction Manager is responsible for managing the construction department to ensure that quality homes are built profitably, in a timely manner, and with a happy customer, while maintaining an engaged construction team that is committed to Joyner Homes’ Core Values.
- Oversee complete home production process from Permitting through Warranty
- Ensure homes are built consistent with customer agreements, selections, plans, and scope
- Source and evaluate new subcontractors for quality, pricing, man power, scheduling, etc.
- Establish expectations and ensure adherence to JH quality standards throughout project
- Establish expectations and ensure adherence to JH Construction Schedule
- Visit homes under construction regularly (as often as necessary) to evaluate cleanliness and other key quality indicators
- Develop punch lists for important stages of construction to ensure quality throughout project timeline
- Develop standardization of Plans, Details, Products, Specifications
- Identify opportunities and Implement necessary changes to reduce cycle time
- Stay current on industry trends and work with Selections to add new products offerings
- Manage schedule templates and determine appropriate closing dates
- Engage in professional service/networking associations to represent JH in the Community and Industry
- Solve elevated construction, permit, and warranty related problems and discrepancies
- Manage Individual Project Budgets and Departmental Budget to ensure profitability by reviewing job cost reports
- Identify areas of potential cost savings and implement process changes to achieve savings
- Review/Approve Backcharges, VPO’s, Change Orders, Invoices
- Oversee Change Order process to ensure profitability
- Settle subcontractor disputes relating to invoicing, scope of work, and warranty
- Hire/Train/Discipline Employees on Construction Team
- Assign Projects to PM’s (manage workload)
- Verify Buildertrend accuracy – schedule, warranty, messages, etc.
- Ensure pre-construction and warranty activities are completed in a timely manner
- Run weekly team meeting
- Hold quarterly review with each team member individually
- Coordinate and communicate with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Accounting, Purchasing)
- Regularly teach team members to reinforce policies, stay updated on company changes, and the latest on new products and their proper installation
- Lead by example on JH Core Values
- Keep Customer Satisfaction at the top of mind with all Team Members and Subcontractors
- Solve elevated Customer Service Issues during construction
- Ensure communication with customer is done in a timely manner and with proper consideration for the issue being communicated
Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Education: Bachelor's degree in related field preferred
- Construction Experience: 3-5 years of residential construction experience
- Management Experience: 3-5 years of management experience with 3 or more team members
$90,000+ Depends on Experience
About Joyner Homes
Joyner Homes is a growing home builder in Greenfield, Indiana. Building in 7 counties around Central Indiana, we focus on building "Character Rich" homes with features such as built-in, exposed beams, and cozy spaces that also incorporate "Smart Design" through efficient space planning, modern technology, energy efficiency, and livability.
Our Core Values:
- Work Hard Play Hard. We get it done, but we value time and flexibility for family balance.
- Learn Your Story. We are community-engaged with small-town values.
- Do It Better. We are motivated by an underdog mentality and will always be improving.
- Do It Right. We do what is right with integrity no matter the cost.