We are seeking a full-time Construction Manager role responsible for our residential remodel projects and acquisitions. This position oversees and manages multiple rehab projects around the city of St. Louis and will work with the District Construction Manager to oversee construction processes, maintaining budgets, and reporting.
The Construction Manager will work with the local area manager to help with the acquisitions of investment properties including walk-throughs, completing pre-purchase checklists, and using industry judgment to determine the properties’ major and immediate needs for the rent-ready condition. Success in this role requires excellent time management, knowledge of basic construction procedures and practices, problem-solving skills, and strong business communication skills.
Our Company Provides:
- A place to come perform and excel at work without layers of corporate bureaucracy slowing you down. What this means is the autonomy to do your work without distractions from layers of management.
- A smaller team where your contribution is truly appreciated by all involved.
- A friendly and positive team environment, free of drama and negativity.
- A stable and reliable business that will be around for a long time with numerous growth opportunities. We hire self-starters that are looking to grow and aggressively promote from within.
- Meet with contractors/trade partners during the pre-purchasing phase
- Work within budget and project time frames, manage vendors, and ensure quality control and assurance for rental readiness
- Perform daily walk-through on properties to ensure contractors are present and work is being completed as outlined
- Use of industry construction management software to monitor and control completed jobs and ensure tasks are finished to a standard
- Manage a minimum of 10 properties every month
- Create and maintain positive vendor relationships
- 3+ years Residential Construction Experience
- Proven work experience in a residential construction management capacity
- Current and established trade vendor relationships in the local area
- Capacity to learn and utilize construction management software
- Strong organizational skills, specifically problem management, multitasking and time-management
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- BS Construction Management or similar
- Experience working with real estate investors strongly preferred
Compensation and Benefits
- Health, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Monthly gas allowance
- Paid vacation time
- Paid sick time
- Paid Federal Holidays
- Vesting in employee investment program
$50,000 - $65,000 yearly
About Cava Companies
Cava Companies is a local leader in the residential real estate industry and residential rental management business. We are a medium-sized business consisting of top-producing friendly and positive people. Our senior management and staff have extensive experience in real estate development, finance, economic development, project management, leasing, and property management. We have in-depth knowledge of the Richmond market, contacts, and the growth trend of this great city.
The first part of the process with us is to complete the following quiz. It is very quick and will put you ahead of the other applicants if you complete this upfront: