We are looking for a construction manager to work closely with architects and engineers to go over plans and blueprints, make timetables for project, determine material and labor costs, hiring subcontractors and workers, scheduling workers on site, gathering permits and making sure everything is up to code for residential and commercial construction jobs. Good communication and documentation of job estimates, progress, and costs is a must.
- Payroll and administrative tasks
- Manage material and labor costs
- Communicate effectively with clients and team members
- Provide a positive working environment
- Execute tasks and assignments in a timely fashion
- Quality control
- Attention to detail
- All job sites are drug, tobacco and alcohol free
- Analytical Skills: Construction managers must be good at planning for large-scale, multi-step projects.
- Decision Making: Construction managers must make lots of decisions, such as picking subcontractors, materials, paints, and more.
- Management Skills: As the boss on site, construction managers must lead their teams, and keep them motivated and focused on the job.
- Communication: Good writing and speaking skills are needed by construction managers when communicating with employees, writing proposals, subcontractors, procuring materials and dealing with clients.
- Technical Skills: Construction managers must know construction methodologies, read blueprints and understand other technical aspects of construction.
- Time-Management: Deadlines are crucial in construction. Making sure that everything is on time and moving smoothly is a critical part of the job.
- Preferred Certifications/ Licensing: AK driver's license, residential contractor endorsement, licensed, bonded and insured contractor.
$35 - $40 hourly, depending on experience
About Precision Holdings
Precision Holdings is based in Anchorage, Alaska and is characterized by hardworking, forward-thinking individuals that put the client's best interest above all else. We pride ourselves in our exceptional marketing processes and growth strategies, while operating with the highest level of ethics, discipline, and relentless pursuit of excellence.