We are seeking an Estimator/Purchasing Specialist to join our team! Joyner Homes is a local, growing home builder based in Greenfield, Indiana. Building Smart, Well-Designed, Character Rich Homes is our passion!
This team member will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to estimate the costs required to build a home profitably. Additional duties will include sourcing new subcontractors, reviewing standard plans and selections for profitability, maintaining relationships with existing subcontractors, researching newly available products and techniques, and finding ways to improve profitability and cost-effectiveness.
- Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepares, executes, and reviews the bid/estimating process with vendors or subcontractors.
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on cost estimates, bids, and invoices.
- Reviews and estimates customer NSO requests.
- Reviews standard plans and selections for profitability.
- Converts bids and estimates to purchase orders and obtains approval.
- Compares purchase orders to invoice amounts and investigates any issues before contacting vendors.
- Seek out, establish, and maintain positive relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Researches and provides information to management about newly available products or techniques.
- Maintains records of various items in BuilderTrend.
- Recommends ways to improve profitability and/or cost-effectiveness.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience in residential construction or a related field is highly valued, but not required.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred, but not required.
$50,000 - $75,000 (Depends on Experience)
About Joyner Homes
Joyner Homes is a growing home builder in Greenfield, Indiana. Building in 7 counties around Central Indiana, we focus on building "Character Rich" homes with features such as built-in, exposed beams, and cozy spaces that also incorporate "Smart Design" through efficient space planning, modern technology, energy efficiency, and livability.
Our Core Values:
- Work Hard Play Hard. We get it done, but we value time and flexibility for family balance.
- Learn Your Story. We are community-engaged with small-town values.
- Do It Better. We are motivated by an underdog mentality and will always be improving.
- Do It Right. We do what is right with integrity no matter the cost.