Peak One Builders & Restoration, LLC
The Estimator is a critical position within Peak One Builders & Restoration and will help further the current success we are having: scaling our business and raising revenues like never before. If you are a highly motivated estimator who is committed to success in a fast-paced environment, you will LOVE our great culture. A highly motivated estimator is crucial to the success of our company, and a very valued position in a fast-paced environment with a great culture. This person will be responsible for evaluating bid specifications, both architectural and interior design drawings, and ensuring that we know everything required to successfully bid and win the project. You must be extremely detailed, and proactively follow up with subcontractors to ensure that any hard bids are received. Estimators also work with the Project Management teams to follow up on bids and budgets. Your role will literally propel the company to reach its next revenue goal and crush the goals our investors have put in place.
- Salary Range: $75,000 - $110,000
- Bonus potential
- Profit sharing
- Health, Dental, and Vision insurance, and matching 401k included
- Flexible work hours
- Works close with interior designers to ask applicable questions and encourage detailed drawings.
- Attends job walks with homeowners, project managers, designers, etc.
- Develops the project definition and the scope of work; define all goals and any materials that have long lead times with today’s supply chain issues that will need to be ordered far in advance.
- Understands the pitfalls in estimating, that will lead to missed line items, issues with the project managers, and ultimately a loss of revenue.
- Uses various sources, including regularly communicating with lumber yards, sub-contractors, etc. to understand where current markets are at and to get a sense of where the future of the market will be.
- Understands the company’s overhead rate, and profitability goals to sell the job at the correct parameters.
- Uses current market rates versus allowing sub-contractors to dictate high pricing.
- Quickly determines preliminary bids to eliminate the chance of customer price shopping.
- Helps choose a new estimation software or develop an elaborate Excel database/spreadsheet.
- Obtains bids from vendors and subcontractors by specifying materials; identifying qualified subcontractors; negotiating prices.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Builds professional relationships with trades and vendors to cultivate future business and partnerships
- At the time the original estimate is written, allowances may be given to help complete the estimate.
- It is the Estimator’s job to provide as much description regarding products & specifications as possible.
- Reviews bid requirements thoroughly and asks follow-up questions on every bid as needed.
- Has a thorough understanding of the scope for specific sub-contractors involved.
- Develops RFI’s and clarifications and ensure adequate subcontractor coverage.
- Performs a comprehensive “job walk” analysis and scoping of specific assigned trades & understands how to fit subs to the size/scope of the job. Involves and collaborates with the owner and interior designer to meet all the owner’s needs and expectations.
- Provides value-engineering ideas on every bid if applicable or offers multiple solutions or ideas.
- All estimates are to be created in Buildertrend software until or if any future systems are developed, and use the sketch feature as much as possible for the take-off portion. This may be supplemented by, but not limited to, exhibits showing tile layouts, locations of work to be done on a site plan or aerial photo, product descriptions and specifications, or any other items that better describe what a client is getting.
- Develops easy-to-use templates/macros to be used for estimates or in conjunction with estimates.
- Provides extremely detailed scopes of work and estimated costs in a detailed proposal to the CEO and/or COO for final approval before sending it to the Owner.
- Maintains continuity between owner, COO, project managers, and sub-contractors as needed to maintain proper estimation which leads to profitable jobs.
- Converts 60-70% of all estimates written into signed contracts.
- Manages lead pipeline on the WIP and is able to articulate metrics on a weekly basis.
- Assists project managers as needed to ensure the approved scope of work is understood and assists and/or writes change orders for any changes.
- Procurement of materials.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Organized and detail-oriented.
- Buildertrend take off.
- Analyze drawings and specifications.
- Assemble accurate and well-organized estimates and proposals in a timely manner.
- Take notes from management on alterations to the bid, revise, review, and continually improve the accuracy of information.
- Maintain relationships with clients.
- Provide and maintain unit pricing and database for material and labor costing.
- Be able to work well with Architects and owners and provide leadership in the preconstruction process.
- Prepare pricing estimates on new projects and estimate prices on change orders on existing contracts.
- Must have experience with estimating software and spreadsheet design.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Project, Outlook).
- Ability to read and interpret drawings and specifications required.
- Strong math and analytical skills with attention to detail.
- A minimum of 3 years working on job sites.
- BS in Construction Management or a related degree is strongly preferred.
- Reliable transportation is a must.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States.
$95,000 - $110,000
About Peak One Builders & Restoration, LLC
Peak One Builders is a full-service General Contractor who specializes in building custom homes in North Scottsdale and the Rio Verde area. Since our company’s inception in 2002, we are currently constructing projects from multi-million dollar custom homes, to remodels and additions. We pride ourselves on our craftsmanship, building science, and ability to adapt to the ebbs and flows of business and the economy.