Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC (BBCH) is growing! We are seeking a motivated, results-driven Construction Estimator with a focus on the Electrical trade to join our SES Civil and Environmental LLC (SCE) team, a subsidiary of BBCH.
The candidate must possess the ability to manage a dynamic project bid list and collaborate closely with the executive and marketing teams to develop winning proposals for projects nationwide. To be successful in this position you must be intimately familiar with electrical systems and possess excellent knowledge of the general building systems across all divisions.
This position will lead whole-building estimates as well as developing and provide electrical estimates to other lead estimators on the team, including calculation of material quantities, developing routine estimating scope narratives and scope sheets, communicating with the subcontracting market, and compiling data for evaluation and use in bid proposal estimates. If you thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment, and enjoy working with a team, apply today!
- Reviews bid opportunities and outline winning bid strategies, risk profile, and assessment of competition for multiple concurrent pursuits in support of go/no-go decisions.
- Lead whole-building estimates to include preparation of complete itemized conceptual estimates in support of medical and government construction pursuits.
- Communicate commercial building scopes of work to subcontractors, architects & engineers, and owners in the preparation of comprehensive estimates.
- Reviews bid opportunity docs (RFP, Plans, and Specs) to develop quantity take-offs, analyses, estimates, and studies for all mechanical and plumbing items incorporated in the assigned scope from conceptual design through completed construction documents.
- Coordinate Preliminary design work as required to complete conceptual estimates.
- Produce Electrical estimates to other lead estimator teammates; Inc. Comm & Low-Voltage System.
- Work with operations to facilitate general conditions and general requirements items that are properly addressed in the estimate.
- Work with designers in the development of concept designs where necessary.
- Manage time and resources to ensure the timely completion of accurate estimates.
- Develop and maintain professional relationships with owners and subcontractors/vendors.
- Effectively communicate with executive staff in bid reviews regarding the scope, schedule, market research, risk, and competition profiles.
- Assist construction operational teams with project buyouts and large change events.
- Assist with the development of estimating procedures, guidelines, and lessons learned.
- Gather and analyze bid data for all projects in the historical cost database.
- Outstanding knowledge of planning, scheduling, hiring, budgeting, and job costing.
- Deep knowledge of commercial electrical/com/Low-Voltage materials, means, and methods.
- Fundamental understanding of general commercial construction means, and methods.
- Strong management, interpersonal, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Ability to perform difficult and complex estimating activities typical to the engineering and construction industry.
- Ability to work with engineering drawings and specifications.
- Understand the sequence of construction activities and efficient trade flows.
- Ability to look at any construction project and break down the entire project into the required individual material components (studs, nails, electrical boxes, breakers, control points, registers, rebar, steel structure, etc.).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite.
- Must be skilled in prioritizing, problem-solving, multi-tasking, and organizing.
- Demonstrated leadership and interpersonal skills.
- As a condition of employment, you may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and have acceptable references and background check results.
- 5 years of construction experience; maybe field or project management experience.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining the physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking, or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunities to move about. Near visual acuity to review documentation, ability to hear and understand speech at normal room levels. Must maintain a constant state of mental alertness at all times. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Working Environment :
The job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, and mouse. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting.
$140,000 - $180,000 yearly
About Bristol Bay Construction Holdings LLC
Our vision at BBCH LLC is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision, and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and PTO. We want you to want to come to work!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants will receive consideration for employment, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, gender, gender-identity, age, marital status, sexual orientation, veteran status, disability, pregnancy or parental status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Bristol Bay Construction Holdings, LLC gives hiring, promotion, training, and retention preference to BBCH shareholders, shareholder descendants, and shareholder spouses who meet the minimum qualifications for the job.