GSH Group, LLC
The Construction Crew Leader is a member of the renovation crew that renovates/turns apartments or completes other construction projects as assigned. The individual is responsible for directing and carrying out the physical labor required to complete the scope of work as directed by the construction project manager. Typically, this includes managing scope, change orders, demolition, and performing work according to the timeline and specifications provided in the scopes of work.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assist in renovating units for multi-family residential properties and other projects as assigned.
- Understand & follow scope of work and allocated budget.
- Ensure materials are used according to scope of work.
- Set daily objectives, anticipate needs and establish courses of action to meet daily objectives.
- Maintain productivity by ensuring resources and tasks are appropriately allocated and performed by crew members.
- Keep crew members supplied with materials.
- Communicate in a clear, concise manner via verbal or written form with crew members, specialty trade workers, and construction project manager.
- Oversee site preparation, e.g., demolition, removing debris, unloading construction materials.
- Follow instructions from the construction project manager to complete work.
- Use spray guns for application of material to ceilings or walls.
- Operate power tools as required.
- Assist trade workers as required.
- Assist construction project managers as required.
- Perform site clean-up, return unused materials to proper storage location.
- Follow safety procedures, maintain a safe and clean job site, secure the site upon leaving.
- Load and unload construction supplies and tools from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Assist with maintenance responsibilities as needed.
- Utilize the electronic tools, applications and program management required for the tracking, reporting and management of the construction projects.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
- Must be 18 years old with a valid driver's license and reliable form of transportation.
- High School Diploma preferred but not required. The individual must be able to read, write, and perform mathematical equations.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an individual encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the individual is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts; work in high, precarious places and outdoor weather conditions. May involve climbing a ladder, working in tight spaces, etc..
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Work assignments might include an out of town assignment during the week with possible travel on weekends
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Extended periods of time standing, walking, stooping, bending, crouching and/or crawling in small spaces.
- Ability to climb ladders as needed.
- Consistent use of hands, wrists and arms for general labor
- Ability to lift and/or move 50+ lbs. on a regular basis.
- $15 - $18 an hour based on experience.
- 40hr work week.
- Paid time off per employee manual.
- Medical & 401k options available after probationary period.
$15 - $18 hourly
About GSH Group, LLC
With over 40 years of combined residential real estate experience, the GSH Group LLC works extensively in the multi family apartment space. Its principles have owned or operated over 10,000 residential units in the last 10 years alone. The GSH Group prides itself in creating wealth for its investors by seeing what others do not see. GSH adds value to existing property through creative strategies, using core fundamentals and proactive asset management.