- Health insurance contribution up to $400 per month
- Profit sharing
- Simple IRA / Retirement plan - company contribution up to 3%
- 6 paid holidays
- 40 hours of paid sick leave
- 40 hours paid vacation after 1 year
- 80 hours paid vacation after 2 years
- Cell phone stipend
- Company luncheons and outings
Our busy company is seeking an experienced construction estimator to join our team of construction professionals. We need someone with strong math skills and excellent communication skills to write proposals, cost estimates, and detailed takeoffs on our construction projects. The ideal candidate will have 3 years of experience in the construction industry, preferably in estimating or project management. If you are looking to work alongside some of the best in the industry, please apply today!
- Frequent construction sites to gather necessary client requirement information
- Examine specifications, blueprints, proposals, and construction documents to understand the project as a whole
- Revisit previously submitted proposal and budgets with clients
- Calculate construction materials, product costs, labor, and time to estimate overall cost for construction projects
- Collaborate with the construction project manager to oversee and coordinate the bid process for vendors and subcontractors
- Bachelors’ degree in civil engineering, accounting, construction management, or related field is required
- Requires critical thinking, analytical skills, and very strong math skills
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and construction estimating software
- Comprehension of research methodology, accounting, data and risk analysis, and estimation metrics is crucial
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the construction industry - project estimating or construction management is needed
$28 - $36 hourly
About Clar Construction
We are a small, yet growing, professional design/build construction company, who are looking for energetic and passionate carpenters to join our team. We take pride in the work that we do and value the people who work for and with us.
Since 2004, Clar Construction has been providing skilled individuals with a place to showcase their talents through the projects we develop with our clients.
We are located in downtown Montpelier, Vermont, and have a beautiful office and woodworking shop on site, which can also be used for personal projects outside of normal business hours.
If you love being a carpenter and helping craft beautiful homes, we encourage you to apply for one of our open positions. We are an equal opportunity employer. People of any color, gender identity, or sexual orientation are encouraged to apply.