We are seeking an Estimator/Purchasing Specialist to join our team! Joyner Homes is a local, growing home builder based in Greenfield, Indiana. Building Smart, Well-Designed, Character Rich Homes is our passion!
This team member will be responsible for collecting and analyzing data to estimate the costs required to build a home. Additional duties will include sourcing new subcontractors, maintaining relationships with existing subcontractors, researching newly available products and techniques, and finding ways to improve profitability and cost effectiveness.
- Prepares and maintains a directory of suppliers, contractors and subcontractors.
- Prepares, executes, and reviews the bid/estimating process with vendors or subcontractors.
- Confers with engineers, architects, owners, contractors and subcontractors on cost estimates, bids, and invoices.
- Reviews and estimates customer NSO requests.
- Converts bids and estimates to purchase orders and obtains approval.
- Compares purchase orders to invoice amounts and investigates any issues before contacting vendors.
- Seek out, establish, and maintain positive relationships with vendors and subcontractors.
- Researches and provides information to management about newly available products or techniques.
- Maintains records of various items in BuilderTrend.
- Recommends ways to improve profitability and/or cost-effectiveness.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Previous experience in residential construction or a related field is highly valued.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field is preferred but not required.
$50,000 - $75,000 (Depends on Experience)
About Joyner Homes
Joyner Homes is a growing home builder in Greenfield, Indiana. Building in 7 counties around Central Indiana, we focus on building "Character Rich" homes with features such as built-in, exposed beams, and cozy spaces that also incorporate "Smart Design" through efficient space planning, modern technology, energy efficiency, and livability.
Our Core Values:
- Work Hard Play Hard. We get it done, but we value time and flexibility for family balance.
- Learn Your Story. We are community-engaged with small-town values.
- Do It Better. We are motivated by an underdog mentality and will always be improving.
- Do It Right. We do what is right with integrity no matter the cost.