Dixon Engineering Inc.
We are seeking entry-level or experienced field coatings inspectors to join our growing team. You will conduct thorough field inspections, create daily inspection reports, and monitor coating-related projects for progress and specification conformance. Our ideal applicant must be located in the United States, be willing to travel around Ohio, have some construction-related experience, and will be open to learning about our proper inspection techniques, safety standards, specification requirements, and construction and coating methodology.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Long/Short term disability
- Life Insurance
- 401k with match
- Paid Time Off
- Paid holidays
- Seasonal job with year-round pay
- A company-owned vehicle with maintenance and fuel cards
- Company phone or monthly reimbursement credit provided
- Hotel lodging program
- Daily per diem for meals
- Yearly clothing allowance
- Minimum of High School diploma or similar
If you’re a reliable team player with strong communication skills and a keen eye for quality work, please apply today!
- Oversee coating and construction activities as well as the conformance to the specifications throughout the project
- Use testing instrumentation and devices to perform thorough inspections throughout the project
- Approve satisfactory work practices, record specification violations and produce daily inspection reports
- Manage accurate and detailed daily inspection reports, including photos, for inspection project recordkeeping
- Conform to safe working practices
- Valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record is needed
- A high school diploma is required - some college or technical education is attractive in the area of building inspection technology, engineering, construction management, or construction technology
- Current Association for Materials Protection and Performance (AMPP), National Association of Corrosion Engineers (NACE), or Certified Welding Inspector (CWI) certifications are highly desirable, but not required
- Ability to pass a physical examination to climb and work at heights
- Work independently or as a member of a team
- Perform quality work
- Communication and documentation skills
- Basic computer skills required
- Positive attitude, and exceptional work ethic
- Ability to resolve conflict
- Organized and punctual
- Able to demonstrate safe work habits
- Ability to pass a background check, and pre-employment drug screening
- Possess a clean driving record
$21 - $35 hourly
About Dixon Engineering Inc.
Dixon Engineering Inc. is a consulting engineering firm that provides engineering and inspection services for the coating industry. We specialize in the rehabilitation and coating of steel structures with our main focus being water storage tanks.