We’re hiring a part-time, hard-working construction assistant to help us get more projects done! You’ll assist our busy general contractor with all manner of communications and documentation, including scheduling, invoicing, purchase orders, estimates, change orders, as well as occasional material runs. You will participate in onsite initial job walks and final punch list walks. Applicants should have great interpersonal skills, organizational skills, a team player attitude, and an incredible work ethic. Great opportunity to grow with an expanding company for someone who is eager to learn and work hard. Up for the challenge? Start your application today!
- Coordinate on-site material deliveries, prepare materials for returns, fill out purchase orders, remove debris, and handle waste removal properly
- Complete final preparations and walk homes or buildings with the construction manager and the client
- Keep detailed records of job changes and a daily log of job site occurrences to assist with documentation for the project manager
- Ensure maintenance of a clean job site, watering the yard as needed to create a good exterior appearance
- Follow all safety guidelines on the job site and immediately report any incidents or violations of work rules to supervisor
- Conduct initial onsite job walks (typically Tuesday mornings from 8am - 11am)
- Update and send communications, change orders, purchase orders, invoices, estimates to clients and vendors
- Have a clean driving record and valid driver’s license
- Proven track record of adhering to project schedules, being a team player, regular attendance at work, professionalism, and a strong work ethic
- Have good physical stamina to climb ladders and climb stairs, work outdoors for long periods of time
- Understand some basic skills and construction methods and know how to use some construction tools and equipment
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent
- Construction or administrative work experience is desired, but not required
- Basic knowledge of Google calendar, Word, Excel, and email.
$15/hour, flexible schedule
About Sidekick Homes
Sidekick Homes' mission is to solve California's housing crisis, one sidekick, at a time. We work with homeowners to build accessory dwelling units that are integrated into neighborhoods and benefit communities.