GSH Group, LLC
Multi-Family Construction Company is seeking a candidate that has strong QBO skills and Construction Accounting experience with a construction or development company to fill the role of Construction Accounting Manager.
A successful candidate in this role would be able to manage and complete the following tasks:
- Processing and managing the process of accounts payable which includes coding, entering, and paying invoices with 2 virtual staff members.
- Use Payable Tracker to track the progress of payable activity, approve invoices for payment and purchase orders for entry into Jonas, the construction accounting and management software
- Select invoices for payments while managing the process of check printing by Office Administrator and electronic payments executed by the Virtual Assistants
- Posting and managing the posting of journal entries to record the monthly activity resulting from inter-company payables, wire/ACH activity, and credit card activity.
- Complete and manage the completion of the following recons on a monthly basis and also booking the necessary journal entries to accurately reflect the activity: Bank Recons, Balance Sheet Recons (including Inter-company), and Credit Card Recons
- Assist with Accounts Receivables Billings from lenders and owners
- Prepare the financial statements in an accurate and timely manner and various other reports as required by ownership/management: Balance Sheet, Income Statement, and Cash Flow Statement
- Create key performance indicators for the department and roles within the department to ensure the department is meeting its goals and also be useful in anticipating department needs.
- Establishes, implements, and maintains processes and procedures with regard to the assigned duties.
- Other tasks, as assigned by the Finance Director
NOTE: This is a TEMP to PERM position.
- 4+ years of hands-on general accounting experience with knowledge of basic accounting principles (i.e. journal entries, debits, credits, etc.)
- 2+ year of managing an accounting department
- Willingness to learn and have a natural curiosity about the business and the impact of assigned tasks on the business
- Strong Excel skills with high proficiency with Word and Outlook applications.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work independently to complete duties and meet deadlines with little direct supervision
- Possess strong people skills and an ability to build relationships across the entities
- Must have excellent communication and organizational skills
- Project Management experience is STRONGLY desired
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field is required
- One or more years of Construction Accounting experience can be substituted for one more year of required education.
$29 - $36 hourly
About GSH Group, LLC
The GSH Group is led by passionate investors with decades of experience managing over 10,000 properties—and growing. We are laser-focused on providing superior returns for our investors while providing high-quality, affordable, and safe housing in progressive communities that our essential workers are proud to call home.
Multi Family Construction Company (MFCC), a sister company to GSH Group, is a construction company focused exclusively on commercial renovations, adaptive reuse, and value-add rehab projects with a specialty in multifamily real estate. Our clients include investment companies, property management companies, as well as other commercial businesses. Exclusively in-house, our crew ensures tight budget and quality control, and we apply the highest standards to our work and materials so that your commercial properties not only look great but withstand the test of time.