Our evolving SaaS startup is looking for a Communications Strategist to assist our communications team. This individual will lead and implement our social media strategy and also assist with public relations, brand, and internal communication projects. Our customer-centric mindset focuses on helping small business owners hire the right fit to grow their team. You will strategize and write engaging social content for our channels, support PR efforts, and deliver communications collateral that resonates with our core small business audiences. You’ll report to the Head of Communications and interface with other internal stakeholders to execute campaigns and projects that expand brand awareness and strengthen customer relationships.
This role is 75% social media strategy and writing, and 25% public relations and communications support. You’ll be the front line of communications for prospects and customers alike and aid in growing our social media and online brand awareness. A solid understanding of analytics, keen eye for detail, and demonstrated track record of responsive cross-platform relationship building are essential. You should know which content works for which channel and adapt your writing style accordingly while staying within our brand guidelines, voice, and tone. Our ideal candidate will be a social media maven with several years of social media writing and strategy experience in the B2B space for small businesses.
Additionally, this person will help support public relations and brand communication projects, such as byline article drafting, product launches, event brochures, and key messaging narratives. Strong storytelling skills and the ability to think strategically to help define, refine, and achieve ongoing department goals are needed to succeed in this role.
- Create engaging and informational strategies and content that build awareness and relationships with customers, prospects, and the general public
- Assemble monthly, quarterly, and yearly metrics and social KPI reports
- Monitor and listen to all social channels, and respond quickly to mentions, inquiries, and opportunities
- Identify and develop relationships with key influencers and industry leaders in our space
- Transform complex information into relatable content that focuses on small business hiring and growth
- Update, coordinate, and execute the social media content calendar
- Integrate social marketing tactics, best practices, and creativity into your approach
- Act as the first point of contact by responding to inquiries, comments, reviews, and questions to help keep our presence on the web positive
- Leverage our existing content and curate content from partners, industry experts, and thought leaders to provide consistent and compelling posts
- Adhere to internal style and branding guidelines with a strong emphasis on matching our brand voice
- Assist with additional communication needs, such as supporting PR efforts, brand, and internal communications projects.
- Must have 3+ years of experience as a social media writer, specialist, or strategist
- Must have 2+ years of writing experience in public relations, journalism, marketing, brand, or internal communications
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, or any related field is preferred, but not required
- Superb writing, proofreading, and verbal communication skills are required
- Possess a true love of social analytics and mapping them to department goals
- Demonstrated knowledge of social media trends, tactics, and platforms like Hubspot, Sprout Social, Buffer, or Hootsuite
- Social media or writing experience in the small business, franchise, or association space is highly valued
- Experience writing for any of our key verticals: hospitality, real estate, mortgage, automotive, legal, insurance, or home service industries is a HUGE bonus
- Familiarity with reputation management strategy and tactics is helpful
- Looking for a proactive problem-solver with a GREAT sense of humor and excellent time-management skills
$65,000 - $70,000 yearly
WizeHire is an award-winning platform that helps small businesses grow with a better way to hire. Since 2014, WizeHire has focused on a future where small businesses can attract the same high level of talent as big companies. The platform gives business owners an applicant tracking system, expert advice from hiring coaches, and recruiting resources like job ad templates and personality assessments to pre-screen candidates that save time, money and help them hire the right candidate every time. Over 15,000 employers choose WizeHire as the trusted advisor to help grow their business.
- A team that is invested in you and your career growth
- Competitive salary, DOE
- Healthcare plan
- Retirement matching program
- Stock offering
- Flexible vacation
- Parental leave
- Laptop and home office stipend
- We’re remote-first, so you can work from anywhere (must be eligible for employment in the US)