Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
We provide financial peace of mind to Idaho families, farms and businesses by protecting what matters most. The Underwriting position is to evaluate degree of risk and determine acceptability. Underwriting team members will participate and collaborate in managing a profitable territory.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Review applications for insurance and determine correct rate and eligibility based on established underwriting guidelines and letter of authority.
- Review applications to determine insurability, proper classification, and pricing.
- Examine documents to determine degree of risk.
- Make decisions independently based on published and discussed underwriting rules and philosophy.
- Communicate with agency force and others to obtain additional information.
- Miscellaneous tasks as directed.
- Accountability - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.Accuracy - Ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly.
- Communication - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word and writing in a clear and concise manner.
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Ethical - Ability to demonstrate conduct conforming to a set of values and accepted standards.
- Judgment - Ability to accept responsibility and account for his/her actions.
- Honesty / Integrity - Ability to be truthful and seen as credible in the workplace.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Time Management - Ability to complete work within given deadlines.
- Professionalism - Display conduct favorable to oneself, the department, and the company.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Education: Bachelor’s Degree and/or equivalent insurance industry experience.
Experience: Minimum of 3 years underwriting experience required.
Computer Skills: Use of computer and web-based programs.
Other Requirements: Participation in insurance education courses such as AINS, AU, CPCU, and other related courses are preferred and may be required. Idaho domiciled candidates only.
**Remote work policy may be an option**
$50,000 - $75,000 DOE
About Farm Bureau Mutual Insurance of Idaho
Our employees are rewarded with a competitive salary, a benefit program that recognizes the diverse needs of our employees, and the security of a well-established company.
Some of our employee benefits include:
- Long Term Disability
- Sick Leave
- Parental Leave/Major Medical Leave
- 7 1/2 Hour Work Days
- Purchased Vacation
- Flexible Schedules
- Employee Profit-Sharing Plan
- Section 125 Cafeteria Plan (Tax-Free Spending Account)
- Loans, Savings, and Investments available through Farm Bureau Finance Company
- Cancer, Accident, and Short-Term Disability insurance plans are also available