Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
We’re seeking an organized and highly motivated insurance account manager to join our growing team. Responsibilities include managing client communications, nurturing key relationships, and keeping track of all necessary documentation, paying close attention to any policy changes, important deadlines, and legal regulations. You will help customers understand their coverage, assist them with any claims as needed, and ensure all relevant data is properly tracked in our secured systems. This is a chance to build on your experience, with plenty of room for growth. If you’re looking to take on an important account management role during this period of high-growth as we attain new business, we’ll provide the training you need to succeed in this position. Start your application today!
- Assist with the renewal process and any policy updates by providing competitive quotes
- Document any policy changes on customer accounts according to NAIC regulations in our book of business and clearly communicate with customers about those updates
- Give clear answers to clients on any coverage or billing questions including information on rate fluctuations or policy changes to ensure full understanding
- Support clients reporting claims on current policies by gathering all documentation needed to give to the adjuster to process
- Communicate regularly with key industry reps regarding industry standards, insurance products, current rates, coverages, insurance policies, and carriers so that you are always ready to help clients, underwriters, sales representatives, account executives, and the rest of our service team understand and address new rules and policy updates
- Receive all correspondence from clients and carriers for policy changes, preparing and issuing binders, certificates of insurance, invoicing, audits, run MVR's, underwriting information, updating Sagitta and ImageRight systems with detail routinely
- Prepare policy binder book for submission to the client after quality assurance review
- Delegate requests as appropriate and monitor follow-up
- Personally assist in the resolution of more complex requests in order to assure clients that all tasks are handled at a managerial level
- Have capabilities to establish/maintain a good business relationship with all clients and company personnel
- At the discretion of the Producer, may be called upon to interact face to face with clients or company personnel
- Make the Producer aware of any negative solutions
- Keep a record of all expiration dates within the book of business and coordinate with the Producer the "plan of action"
- Bring to the attention of the Producer any major changes to the account during the year
- Receive and respond to client requests for information, policy changes, etc
- Assist in obtaining coverage specifics, loss history, and other information necessary to prepare company applications/quotes for new and renewal business
- Manage the preparation and delivery of all applications, policies, endorsements and invoices, correspondence, reports, and other miscellaneous transactions
- Ensure accuracy and completion of all documents pertaining to the accounts assigned
- Assigns some duties to ASR, as needed. Interprets policy provisions to ASR, as needed, to assist ASR in effecting changes according to company regulations
- Prepares and sends out initial invoices. If requested from Producers, will re-bill clients as needed
- Assist the Producer in obtaining renewal information from the client and/or carriers
- Assists in the preparation of submissions and applications
- Prepares proposals, presentations, and any necessary quote comparisons
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy in preparation or submission to carriers
General Team Support:
- Keep Producer(s) informed of major changes/problems
- Answer telephone, maintain expiration lists and workflow within the team
- Follow company procedures and provide general assistance to all team members
- Candidates should be very strong communicators and problem solvers, and have great follow-up skills
- Candidates should have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree, but all candidates with insurance industry experience will be considered
- Insurance experience as an insurance agent or other position is highly preferred but candidates with the appropriate skills should still apply, training is provided
- Must have active insurance license in your state or must be willing to get licensed in 90 days
- Candidates should have basic computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc.)
- To perform this job successfully, an applicant should have knowledge of and the ability to use the following software products successfully: Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Sagitta, and ImageRight
- Applicants must have an active Property and Casualty License; CIC Certificate and/or CISR Certificate required upon hire
$60,000 - $90,000
About Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
For more than 40 years, Harmon Dennis Bradshaw has brought our clients a commitment to excellence, innovation, and service in the complex world of commercial & personal insurance products, surety bonds, and risk management. Our clients have come to rely upon our knowledge, commitment, accountability, and service. From national and regional companies to local family-held businesses, HDB has been providing specially tailored, cost-effective insurance solutions for our clients’ unique business needs for decades. We pride ourselves in designing and implementing custom solutions to meet your company’s precise dynamics and preferences. Our forward-thinking solutions reduce risk exposures and cost while enhancing your ability to compete and win. Recognized as one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Alabama, HDB has large agency capabilities while maintaining small agency service and values.