The ideal candidate is someone who has recent Commercial Account Manager experience in in the Florida market.
Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to clients, producers and company personnel in a professional and positive manner. Handle all tasks associated with obtaining, maintaining, expanding and servicing existing accounts in accordance with all agency procedures and carrier guidelines. Support company growth by working with producers, management, and other personnel on special projects or duties as directed.
- Work with small and midsize accounts
- Work with Account Executive and/or Department Lead for guidance and training on all aspects of servicing clients.
- Prepare company submissions for new/renewal business, market as appropriate, and prepare proposals.
- Prepare all change requests and review audits and policies for accuracy.
- Setup and prepare new account files in Applied Epic per agency procedures.
- Invoice all agency bill transactions within 48 hours and collect premiums accordingly.
- Notify producer of any unpaid audits in a timely manner and request appropriate actions be made according to carrier audit guidelines and timeframe.
- Review all renewals with the producer at least 120 days prior to expiration to determine marketing strategies.
- Prepare and process cancellations when required and follow up on notices of cancellations per agency procedures.
- Respond to all carrier memos and process any necessary updates.
- Prepare and process client requests, including ID cards, evidence of property, certificates of insurance, and binders.
- Review policies and related documents for accuracy and deliver policies to insureds as needed.
- Work with producers to evaluate exposure, negotiate and interpret coverage, review with clients as needed.
- Evaluate and recommend additional coverage based on client needs. Quote/propose as appropriate.
- Keep producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Review monthly reports- Aged Receivable, renewal/expirations, and Suspense reports in a timely manner.
- Education requirement: High school diploma or equivalent is required, college degree preferred.
- Active DOI P&C License required-220 license
- Commercial lines experience
- Professional designation is a plus.
- Knowledge of Epic system is preferred.
- Good listening skills, attention to detail, and a positive attitude are essential.
- Knowledge of commercial insurance and products.
About We Insure
We Insure is a national insurance company that’s disrupting the industry with a business model focused on customer experience and exceptional agent support. The franchise offers unprecedented access to carriers and completely operational, IT, service, and marketing support to its franchise owners in the U.S.
Established in 2009, We Insure has been awarded countless awards including Jacksonville Business Journal’s Best Places to Work and Fastest-Growing Private Companies, Franchise Business Review’s Top Franchises, Inc.’s 5000 Fastest Growing Companies, and Entrepreneur's Top Franchise List.
The leadership team is seeking highly motivated and career-driven candidates to join Team WE. If you are looking for a long-term career in a supportive, goal-driven environment and with a company that believes in developing its associates, then We Insure is the right fit for you. For more information about We Insure, visit weinsuregroup.com.