Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
We’re looking for a personable, enthusiastic commercial lines account manager to help take our agency to the next level. Our ideal candidate is a motivated team player who has the ability to stay focused in a fast-paced work environment. You will assist Producers in sales, marketing, and servicing of renewal and/or some new business. Effectively manage a book of business containing selected accounts encompassing a high level of expertise and service to the clients. Supervises and coordinates activities engaged in compiling data on changes to insurance policies in force, changing provisions of policies to conform to insured's specifications and communication of premium rates to clients based on changes to policies. This is a critical role on our team with a strong focus on client services to foster ongoing sales and renewals. We will provide industry-specific training for the right candidate who demonstrates a dedication to excellence. Sound like a job you’ll love? Apply now!
- Receive all correspondence from clients and carriers for policy changes, preparing and issuing binders, certificates of insurance, invoicing, audits, run MVR's, underwriting information, updating Sagitta and ImageRight systems with detail routinely
- Prepare policy binder book for submission to the client after quality assurance review
- Delegate requests as appropriate and monitor follow-up
- Personally assist in the resolution of more complex requests in order to assure clients that all tasks are handled at a managerial level
- Have capabilities to establish/maintain a good business relationship with all clients and company personnel
- At the discretion of the Producer, may be called upon to interact face to face with clients or company personnel
- Make the Producer aware of any negative solutions
- Keep a record of all expiration dates within the book of business and coordinate with the Producer the "plan of action"
- Bring to the attention of the Producer any major changes to the account during the year
- Receive and respond to client requests for information, policy changes, etc
- Assist in obtaining coverage specifics, loss history, and other information necessary to prepare company applications/quotes for new and renewal business
- Manage the preparation and delivery of all applications, policies, endorsements and invoices, correspondence, reports, and other miscellaneous transactions
- Ensure accuracy and completion of all documents pertaining to the accounts assigned
- Assigns some duties to ASR, as needed. Interprets policy provisions to ASR, as needed, to assist ASR in effecting changes according to company regulations
- Prepares and sends out initial invoices. If requested from Producers, will re-bill clients as needed
- Assist the Producer in obtaining renewal information from the client and/or carriers
- Assists in the preparation of submissions and applications
- Prepares proposals, presentations, and any necessary quote comparisons
- Review applications for completeness and accuracy in preparation or submission to carriers
General Team Support:
- Keep Producer(s) informed of major changes/problems
- Answer telephone, maintain expiration lists and workflow within the team
- Follow company procedures and provide general assistance to all team members
- Candidates should have basic computer skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel PowerPoint, etc.)
- Must have very strong follow up, written and verbal communication skills and problem-solving skills
- Candidates should have an Associates or Bachelor’s degree, but all candidates with insurance industry experience will be considered
- To perform this job successfully, an applicant should have knowledge of and the ability to use the following software products successfully: Microsoft Word; Microsoft Excel; Sagitta, and ImageRight
- Applicants must have an active Property and Casualty License; CIC Certificate and/or CISR Certificate required upon hire
$60,000 - $90,000
About Harmon Dennis Bradshaw, Inc.
For more than 40 years, Harmon Dennis Bradshaw has brought our clients a commitment to excellence, innovation, and service in the complex world of commercial & personal insurance products, surety bonds, and risk management. Our clients have come to rely upon our knowledge, commitment, accountability, and service. From national and regional companies to local family-held businesses, HDB has been providing specially tailored, cost-effective insurance solutions for our clients’ unique business needs for decades. We pride ourselves in designing and implementing custom solutions to meet your company’s precise dynamics and preferences. Our forward-thinking solutions reduce risk exposures and cost while enhancing your ability to compete and win. Recognized as one of the largest independent insurance agencies in Alabama, HDB has large agency capabilities while maintaining small agency service and values.