Sinclair Risk & Financial Management
We are hiring a Commercial Lines insurance Account Manager to provide assistance to producers in handling and processing of new and renewal commercial lines of business. This position will also provide in-house customer service to clients as assigned and requested. An understanding of new and renewal commercial lines business is critical. This position is not a “learn as you go” opportunity and the successful candidate will not be micromanaged.
- Coordinate with producer (120 days prior to effective date) to obtain renewal and/or new business information.
- Maintain marketing sheet and update in Applied Epic Agency Management System.
- Assist in marketing new and renewal business, determine premiums, prepare presentation packets, and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier. (Quote business in company rating systems as needed (if necessary).
- Prepare renewal and/or new business submission to carriers. Scan all policy information and loss runs into Epic and complete Loss Data & Large Loss Summary.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, coverages, signatures, and input into Epic. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Scan and process endorsements, cancellations, and audits as required.
- Receive and handle phone calls, emails, and faxes from clients and companies regarding coverages, certificates, or administrative problems, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer or claims specialist only when necessary.
- Must respond to all client emails and phone calls by the end of the day on date received.
- Maintain an activity system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency EO guidelines.
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
- Must be licensed per state of Connecticut requirements.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position is preferred.
- Experience using Applied Epic Agency Management System preferred.
- Must be a team player, self-starter, and creative with good communication skills both verbal and written.
- Should have a thorough understanding of commercial lines underwriting and coverages.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must be a leader and take responsibility for timely and accurate work.
$55,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Sinclair Risk & Financial Management
Sinclair Risk & Financial Management, founded in 1971 by David Sinclair, is one of the largest independent insurance agencies in New England and one of the largest nationwide with 60 employees at our headquarters in Wallingford and hub offices in Norwalk, Connecticut; Springfield, Massachusetts, Pawtucket Rhode Island; and Naples, Florida. Our agency also includes Sinclair Insurance Group. In the four decades serving our clients, what has distinguished us is a dedicated focus on risk management, loss control, claims management, financial consulting, and human resource management.
Our comprehensive, consultative approach to risk is part of everything we do – whether it’s implementing insurance programs and employee benefits for companies, or providing coverages to families and individuals. Our goal is to put in place programs, services, and tools that preserve company and individual assets while helping to improve profitability.