Atlass Hardware Corp.
Estimator Sales Division 8 Hardware
The Estimator/Salesperson prepares bids for Division 8 (commercial doors, frames, hardware, and installation) on commercial projects based upon plans and specifications. This position contributes by maintaining the integrity of the company’s sales strategies, and more. The position will estimate the Division 8 scope of work for commercial jobs as coordinated by the COO and collaborate with other estimators, detailers, and project managers of the company to service customers of the company.
The Estimator will estimate and sell the Division 8 scope of work for commercial jobs as coordinated by the COO, and collaborate with other estimators, detailers, and project managers of the company to service customers of the company.
Chief duties include:
- Collaborate with the Sales Team to ensure that the company’s performance meets or exceeds standards under its contracts to its customers
- Receives and uploads Invitations to Bid
- Logs ITBs into the company computer system (Comsense)
- Updates Bid Status throughout the process (until awarded) in Comsense
- Ensures all documents are downloaded or scanned into the estimate file
- Reviews specifications and drawings (plans) to determine the best course of action to establish a competitive bid within the sales strategy guidelines of the company
- Estimates (prepares take-offs) all projects assigned by the VP of Operations based upon plans specs and within the sales strategy guidelines of the company
- Sends RFI’s to customers for any additional information or clarifications required
- Requests quotes from manufacturers in preparation of the bids
- Prepare bid with notes, qualifications, and accurate description of the scope of work
- Review and obtain approval of bid from VP of Operations and submit to customer
- Follow and develop (with input from the Sales Team) processes and procedures to promptly bid on a project
- Tracks status (award) of bids until a bid is released by the customer
- Provide VE options as necessary to customers
- Make all revisions necessary to bids until a bid is awarded by the customer
- Assist in negotiation with the customer
- Benefits: 401k, Health Insurance, Paid Holidays, Paid Vacation, Remote Work Options
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to read plans and understand specifications for Division 8
- Ability to collaborate and work well with others
- Knowledge about the products and services sold by the company (e.g., doors, hardware, and specialties)
- Knowledge of all codes affecting the delivery of doors, hardware, and specialties
- Knowledge of computer programs, e.g., Word, Excel, and Project Management software
- DHIA, DHT, DHC, or AHC is desirable
$52,500 - $55,000
About Atlass Hardware Corp.
Atlass Hardware Corp (AHC) is a family-owned business started in 2001. We are a distributor of hollow metal doors, architectural wood doors, finish hardware, washroom accessories, toilet partitions, and specialties (Divisions 8 and 10) for commercial construction projects in South Florida. In addition, Atlass Hardware distributes a comprehensive array of building supplies to commercial projects in the Caribbean. AHC works directly with general contractors, construction managers, architects, designers, and developers. The team members of AHC strive to provide exceptional service and to deliver an unparalleled experience to its customers. AHC provides a customized door, architectural hardware, specialties, and building supplies package that meets the specifications for the project, including the security and life-safety requirements of the jurisdiction.