College Planning Source
We are a busy private college planning company that provides tailored career, major, and college guidance to high school students. We work with students to walk them through exploring careers and majors, selecting colleges, resume building, essay editing, and applying to colleges.
Employment Type: As soon as possible
How To Apply
For immediate consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter. Please make sure to address in your cover letter:
- What experience have you had working with high school students in terms of college planning?
Applications without cover letters will not be considered.
- Manage a caseload of around 30 students
- Help students plan and define high school curricula
- Design daily, weekly, monthly, and/or yearly academic and activity calendars
- Assist students to improve time management, organizational, and study skills
- Guide students and parents through every stage of the high school journey including, but not limited to, course selection, standardized testing, extracurricular activities and internships, leadership, and community service work
- Advise clients on selecting and finalizing a list of universities
- Support clients through the college admissions process (essays, applications, interviews, scholarships, and more)
- Lead group admissions workshops and clinics for students and parents
- Counsel current college students through the transfer application process to four-year colleges/universities
- Assist with and manage essay editing student college admission essays
- Manage a roster of students you will be working with on a one-on-one basis
- Support the overall mission by assisting in client relations
- 3+ years of experience as a High School College Counselor or Independent Educational/College Admissions Counselor
- Undergraduate/Graduate degree
- Deep familiarity with the undergraduate college admissions process in the United States
- A nuanced understanding of how standardized test scores relate to the admissions process
- Genuine interest in guiding students towards a better future, therefore, naturally and enthusiastically promotes the organization's services to prospective client families
- Enthusiastic, passionate counselor
- Independent learner that can work efficiently in a fast-paced environment
- Excited about helping middle and high school students and their families navigate the college admissions process, making it as stress-free and rewarding as possible
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Self-aware, open, receptive to constructive feedback, responsible, and accountable
- Highly organized, multi-tasking whiz; efficiency is key
- Authentic team player who relishes the opportunity to collaborate and share best practices
- The position is remote (A southern California location is desirable)
- Looking for the right long-term fit
$25 - $27 hourly
About College Planning Source
College Planning Source offers different programs with customized plans that have helped thousands of families succeed through the college education process the right way.
College Planning Source was established in 2005 and has served over 1800 families.