Montessori Reggio Academy of Sugar Land
MRA in Sugar Land is actively seeking qualified and experienced candidates for a assistant Montessori teacher.
*Childcare is an expense. A Montessori Reggio Academy education is an investment in your child’s future. *Research has shown the first five years of life are the most important with regard to brain development. This is why we believe “a Montessori education is an investment”. We take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori education enriched with a Reggio Emilia Inspired arts and science program – a unique combination of proven educational methods.
You will have the opportunity to contribute to the development of our Montessori and Reggio Emilia Approach and Project-Based Learning programs, and support the learning environment's curriculum, daily schedule and materials. While contributing to our team family, you will be provided with opportunities to further your training, collaborate with teachers and contribute toward our goal of teaching, caring for and keeping safe each child under our care.
If you cannot work well with others - if you do not have a deep love of children, their education and safety - if you do not value work ethic (like being on time) - this is not the position for you.
- Employee discount
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- CPR Certification (Required)
- Child Development Associate Certification (Preferred)
Company's Facebook page:
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Candidate must be committed to the development and potential of all young children that should be seen, heard and felt by the children and parents we serve
- Position requires you to be professional in your appearance, manners and verbal communication at all times
- Maintain a continuous focus on cleanliness by ensuring all learning environments and materials are dusted, swept, well-sanitized and all materials are in order
- Ensure the safety of children in your care. You are required to maintain continuous watch to ensure the safety and supervision of every child. All program activities must comply with licensing standards
- Follow a careful and creative Montessori/Reggio programs suitable for toddler, and younger children
- Employ a variety of educational techniques (storytelling, educational play, dance, music etc.) to teach children
- Observe each child to help them improve their social competencies and build self-esteem
- Plan and work on Activities that Incorporate the Reggio-Inspired Approach and Art
- Help the lead teacher through observations, note taking, and management of outdoor and practical Life activities including dressing, cleaning, eating and diapering/toilet learning.
- Teachers must adhere to the daily schedule and any changes communicated by management.
- Utilize written and digital tools to record student developments and share them with parents in order to reflect and share the development of each child.
- Proven experience as an assistant teacher - minimum 2 years experience
- Highly skilled in Montessori and/or traditional education methods
- Excellent understanding of the principles of early childhood development and preschool educational methods
- Familiarity with safety and sanitation guidelines for classrooms as well as all State Licensing Minimum Standards
- Excellent communication and instructional skills
- Cool-tempered, friendly and reliable
- Certification in child CPR/First Aid
- Full compliance with COVID-19 protocols
$9 - $14 hourly
About Montessori Reggio Academy of Sugar Land
A Montessori Reggio Academy education is the first step in your child’s successful future. Research has shown the first five years of life are the most important with regard to brain development. This is why we believe “a Montessori education is an investment”. We take great pride in offering an authentic Montessori education enriched with a Reggio Emilia Inspired arts and science program – a unique combination of proven educational methods.
We follow the traditional Montessori Method with the belief that cognitive development is the product of interaction between the individual and the environment. The Reggio Emilia approach is an educational philosophy focused on preschool and primary education. The program is based on the principles of respect, responsibility, and community through exploration and discovery in a supportive and enriching environment based on the interests of the children through a self-guided curriculum.