Five Star Technology Solutions
The Five Star Cloud Engineers are tasked with automating the integration and deployment of software onto cloud-based platforms. The focus of this role will be on building and maintaining the CI/CD pipelines that the software department will need for its products. This role will also be tasked with automating other processes within the department. Success will be measured based on the implementation of DevOps workflows.
Five Star Cloud Engineer will work remotely and report to the Senior Director of Software Development.
Essential Functions and Expectations
- Learns quickly, and is able to grasp complicated topics
- Design and develop CI/CD pipelines
- Monitor pipelines
- Design and implement new workflows with automation as a core feature
- Working knowledge of Git. You've collaborated with other developers.
- Experience using Linux systems. You're comfortable using the command line.
- Automation of current workflows
- Perform developer reviews of pull requests.
- Monitor Service Level Indicators
- Develop IaC
- An understanding of web standards, web browser compatibility, and compliance
Requirements and Preferences
- Degree in Systems Engineering - Or
- Degree in Computer Science - Or
- Cloud Developer Certification - Or
- AWS Certified DevOps Engineer or Equivalent
- GCP Professional Cloud DevOps Engineer or Equivalent
- 1+ Years of experience in deploying cloud-based applications
- Excellent background with professional appearance and communication skills required
- Ability to work effectively with others in a team environment and/or independently with minimal supervision, guidance, and taking ownership of a task
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Enjoys building and improving software and receives satisfaction knowing users are happy
- Possesses a drive to constantly improve upon your own work
- Commonly thinks "How do I make this work more efficient and better?"
- Prior experience working remotely full-time
$60,000 - $80,000 yearly
About Five Star Technology Solutions
At Five Star Technology Solutions, we believe technology can transform education to meet the needs of today’s K-12 learners. Our K-12 focused staff understands the pressures teachers and schools face and believes the “one size fits all” approach dominating the education market is failing teachers and students. That is why we developed a unique suite of educator-requested, educator-developed technology solutions to help students and schools succeed, including managed services and professional development.