Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Responsible for supervising the day-to-day operations of the identified unit. Adheres to community standards and maintains the highest degree of quality care at all times. Remains in accordance with federal and state regulations.
- Assists the Director of Clinical Services in managing the day-to-day operations of the clinical services department on the identified unit.
- Assesses the needs and development of residents and implements comprehensive care plans accordingly. Consults with residents’ physician in planning resident care. Periodically reviews and updates comprehensive care plans, ensuring they are interdisciplinary and updated by the Charge Nurse as changes occur.
- Works with interdisciplinary team members in developing a discharge plan for individual residents and assists in achieving discharge planning.
- Conducts resident rounds to assess and/or supervise nursing care, assess condition of residents, and ensure a safe, clean, and comfortable environment. Assists Charge Nurse with resident care needs and audits documentation. Communicates and acts as a liaison between residents, family, physician, and staff.
- Participates in developing and maintaining policy and procedures that govern the clinical services day-today operations. Makes written and verbal recommendations to the Director of Clinical Services concerning the operations of the nursing department. 6. Participates in associate evaluations and associate disciplinary action as required.
- Ensures proper transition of nursing reports upon starting and ending shift duty hours.
- Completes follow-up investigations and provides, or arranges for, follow-up education related to any medication errors as needed. Reports occupational exposure to blood, bodily fluid, infectious materials, and hazardous chemicals in accordance with community policy.
- Ensures assigned work areas (i.e. nurse station, med. cart, medication room, etc.), resident care rooms, and treatment areas are maintained in a clean and sanitary manner. Monitors supplies and places orders as needed. Ensures medication room and medication cart are locked according to regulations.
- Follows up on any pharmacy recommendations to assure response and implementation of order changes.
- Attends regularly conducted staff meetings as scheduled by the Director, Clinical Services/Nurse Manager and participates regularly in continuing education in-service programs. Attends various committee meetings as required by the Director, Clinical Services.
- Completes other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- Graduate from Accredited Nursing School.
- Must possess a minimum of one to three years of experience in nursing service administration with one year of management experience preferred.
- Additional education or experience in such areas as rehabilitative or geriatric nursing is preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and other Special Requirements:
- Current RN or LPN state nursing certification in good standing with no actions on nursing license.
- CPR and First Aid certifications must be current.
$53,400 - $62,000 yearly
About Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Brookdale’s culture embraces diversity and inclusion. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. Our vision is to be the nation’s first choice in senior living.
Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle is an Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care community in Ocala, FL. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service to our senior and their families.