Mid-Atlantic Pediatric Partners
We have an amazing opportunity for a professional who is passionate about patient care to join our team as a psychologist. Successful candidates will be able to provide therapy to children, teens, and their families, conduct psychological assessments and testing, as well as provide consultation to parents and pediatricians.
Our ideal candidate is excited to work in a primary care pediatric setting and believes that children have a right to high-quality, accessible mental healthcare, and this care needs to happen in partnership with a child’s primary care provider. You will work with pediatricians and nurse practitioners who recognize the mental health needs of their patients.
Excellent interpersonal, communication and analytical skills are a must and will help you coordinate and collaborate care with an interdisciplinary team, case managers, and other treatment providers. Our ideal candidate has 1-3 years of supervised professional experience and a Doctorate in Psychology.
If this sounds like a great opportunity, please apply today!
- Paid time off
- A steady stream of referrals
- Competitive compensation and benefits including health insurance and 401k matching!
- Full administrative support (answering phones, scheduling, benefits checks, claim submission, collecting payments) - you just see your clients and write your notes!
- Paid time off for professional development
- Supervision to help grow clinical skills
- Opportunities for individual and group supervision, plus case consultation with colleagues
- A very supportive team
MAPP has two offices - at THH Pediatrics in Germantown and Metropolitan Pediatrics in North Bethesda.
- Ensure that patients have proper resources by referring them to outside therapists, clinics, and other treatment facilities
- Provide therapy to individuals, groups, or families in-person or virtually
- Conduct psychological assessments of children and adolescents
- Diagnose and treat mental health disorders in children and adolescents
- Develop treatment plans based on each patient's needs
- Provide consultation to families with behavioral health needs
- Consult with primary care pediatricians on treatment plans and interventions
- Document session notes in an electronic health records system
- 1-3 years of supervised experience under a licensed psychologist is required
- This position requires a master’s degree and a Doctorate of Psychology (PhD, EdD, PsyD)
- Passage of the Examination for Professional Practice in Psychology is required for this position
- Successful candidates will need strong analytical, communication, and observational skills
- Current state licensure approved by the ASPPB (Association of State and Provincial Licensing Boards) in the state you practice
- Availability for at least 10 patient hours/week during typical daytime hours and one evening a week or weekends
- Demonstrated specialty in child and adolescent therapy or family therapy
- Willingness to collaborate with others
- Organized and efficient
- Strong empathy and communication skills
$75,000 - $110,000 yearly
About Mid-Atlantic Pediatric Partners
Mid-Atlantic Pediatric Partners is an exciting new venture between two well-established pediatric practices in Montgomery County.