The Miller Law Group
The Miller Law Group is a rapidly growing law firm based in Westchester County NY. We also have an office in Manhattan but this position is in our New Rochelle office. Our mission is to change how people divorce and help them divorce with dignity. We also do estate planning to allow people to plan for their families after they are gone.
We are not a typical law firm
If you have strong listening skills and enjoy helping people, this job might be a great fit for you. We are looking for someone to assist with the client intake process, This job requires interacting with people during a difficult time in their lives and the successful candidate will have empathy, compassion, and a great deal of emotional intelligence. This job also requires sales experience (preferably of products rather than services) and the ability to help people see their options clearly so they can make a great decision for themselves.
We have a friendly and collegial team atmosphere, and we are currently looking for someone to help in the following areas
- Guide potential new clients through the intake process. You will be communicating with potential new clients of the firm and guiding them through a facilitative and consultative sales process, which helps them decide what is in their best interest in terms of their time, their money, and their reputation and relationships.
- Following up with potential new clients that do not hire the firm at the initial consultation to make sure they are making the best choice for themselves and their families using the firm's system
- Meeting with potential new clients of the firm to hear their stories and offer options to help make their lives better.
- Occasionally, assist with marketing activities and networking events to create a positive image of the firm with the local community and throughout lower New York State.
This job may be for you if:
- You are a good listener who is interested in people and enjoys making a connection with them. Potential new clients often tell our team that they felt such a sense of relief -- like a burden being lifted -- after we are on board to help them. You will be a key part of making that happen.
- You are friendly, personable, happy, ready to help others, and not easily bent out of shape. If you have thin skin or are easily upset, please do not apply. This job may not be for you.
- You take the initiative and solve problems on your own, but can also follow instructions for established processes. Our firm is process-based, which means that for some things we already have a written process to follow. For other things, we do not have a process in place yet. So, sometimes you will have step by step directions, while other times you will need to find creative ways to get the job done. You will do great in this job if you are the kind of person who sees a task where we do not yet have a system and feels an overwhelming compulsion to create one.
- You take the initiative and solve problems on your own, but can also follow instructions for established processes. We love it when a team member innovates.
- You like being part of a team. We use a team-based approach in our office. We win as a team and lose as a team.
Compensation is a combination of base salary of $35,000 and incentive pay that could allow you to DOUBLE that based on your performance.
We have an easygoing office, but we work very hard. Our firm focuses exclusively on helping people with divorce and other family law matters, so situations with our clients and other parties can sometimes be emotionally charged. Since you will be a primary point of contact at our office, this job would be great for you if you are naturally friendly, helpful, and looking for ways to serve others. If you have thin skin or are easily upset, please do not apply. This job is not for you.
- Build relationships with potential new clients of the firm by speaking to them on the phone, via video conference, and following up with calls and emails and even meeting with them in person when it is safe to do so.
- Assist in the onboarding of new clients making sure that their needs are met by the attorneys
- tracking the new client's progress using our CRM system (Hubspot)
- Assist with occasional marketing activities
- follow up with existing clients to survey their level of happiness
- YOU LIKE PEOPLE
- Very strong listening skills
- High emotional intelligence
- Ability to analyze a situation quickly and see solutions to reach a client's objectives
- Prior consultative sales experience with positive results is a strong plus
- A minimum of 2 years of sales experience is a must
YOUR APPLICATION WILL ONLY BE CONSIDERED IF YOU DO TAKE THE DISC PERSONALITY ASSESSMENT
$35,000 - $70,000 yearly
About The Miller Law Group
We are a family law firm on a mission to change how people divorce and help them divorce with dignity. The firm was founded in 1998 and we are not built like a traditional family law practice. Our legal team respects the parties involved in a family law matter and strives to alleviate stress and agony rather than fan the flames of discord. We are dedicated to putting the needs of children first. Our lawyers use tools such as Collaborative Law and mediation to empower our clients as we work towards solutions. We have offices in NYC, New Rochelle, and Mount Kisco NY but this position is in New Rochelle.
For details about the firm, check us out here: www.westchesterfamilylaw.com.