Raleigh Immigration Law Firm
PT/FT Client Care Immigration Attorney
- Do you have at least a couple of years of immigration attorney experience and are looking for a non-traditional position with less stress?
- Do you love and respect your clients as people, even when they don't cooperate as we hope they would?
- Do you want to work remotely and only have to be "Zoom-presentable" for a few hours per week?
Our law firm has a PT remote associate attorney position available now, and we’re looking for the right professional to join our team. You will have the opportunity to learn from senior associates and will provide legal counsel to existing clients.
This position is primarily for communication with clients, and the attorney will be assigned very few of their own cases. (This position can be structured as FT with more casework if desired.)
- Uses active listening.
- Tailors conversations to clients' pain points.
- Honest with clients about their cases.
- Familiarizes themself with client files before calls, both for legal history and "soft" facts such as personal and family situation.
- Ensures clients receive the information they need, and understand the next steps.
- Stays up-to-date on changes in immigration law and policy.
- Consults with other attorneys at the firm to ensure everyone's on the same page with respect to eligibility and strategy.
- Native-level fluency in Spanish.
- Superior ability to bond with clients.
- Superior ability to explain legal concepts to lay people by focusing on what they need and want to know and letting go of the common attorney's need to explain every little thing.
- Mid-level competence in removal, family-based, and humanitarian immigration law.
$25,000 - $70,000 yearly
About Raleigh Immigration Law Firm
- We’re a rapidly growing immigration firm based in Raleigh, NC, that focuses on helping immigrants who live in NC and SC. 95% of the firm’s staff are remote.
- We’re always looking for ways to continue evolving and innovating to serve our clients even better than we did yesterday.
- We believe that hard work and a kind soul matter more than place of birth.
- We believe in providing the highest quality legal services imaginable.
- We believe in treating clients, prospective clients, points of contact, colleagues, and referral sources like we’d want to be treated, creatively going above and beyond what’s expected.
- We believe in an efficient division of labor, which means that work generally flows to the lowest-paid competent person. (If you believe “if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself,” this firm isn’t a good fit for you.)