"OUR PEOPLE ARE OUR STRATEGY"
We are growing and in need of Class A Driver for our facility in West Sacramento.
Come join a team with a great company culture that offers competitive wages and benefits!! We offer Paid Time Off, Medical, Dental, Vision Care Insurance. We offer a 401k program. A Pension Program, Life Insurance, AD&D, and opportunities for growth and development.
Pay: Prevailing base wages of $22.00 to $43.00 per hour plus a generous benefit plan for all positions
A leader in Pavement Preservation and it's Class A Driver's Essential Duties and Responsibilities are, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform daily pre/post-trip inspections of vehicles in accordance with DOT and company policies
- Drive along the pavement edge for long periods of time
- Back paving unit for long distances with a 16-foot-wide paving box attached to the back of paver
- Transport paver to job sites in accordance with all DOT and company policies
- Assist the paving crew with handwork and clean up as needed
- Class A Commercial License in good standing
- Must possess excellent commercial driving skills and attention to detail
- Must be able to drive on tight city streets with a wide load
- Must be able to drive along pavement edge in radius’ and cul-de-sacs without spilling material into the gutters
EDUCATIONS and/or WORK EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education & experience
- 1-3 years of commercial driving experience
WORK ENVIRONMENT :
- Works alone and with others
- Works in outside weather conditions subjecting incumbent to extreme heat and extreme cold
- Exposed to fumes/odors/dirt/dust/heat/cold/noise/wetness and humidity and vibration
- Often exposed to darkness and/or poor lighting
- Exposed to pressurized equipment, moving objects, high places and hazardous materials
- Exposed to elevated workplace/mechanical hazards, explosives, electrical hazards and fire hazards
- Standing for long periods of time in one place
- Ability to lift up to 75lbs with assistance. 50lb without assistance
- Climate often hot in summer and cold in winter
$22 - $43 hourly
About Basic Resources
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION STATEMENT:
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.