Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Oversees full implementation of Resident and Family Engagement’s overall dementia care program. Directly provides coaching and leadership of associates who are caregivers within the community. Plans and directly coordinates a calendar of dementia friendly programs that meet specific needs of each and all residents within the dementia care community. Provides and advocates person centered care such as dementia friendly dining, behavioral expression interventions, and dementia training. Engages residents in meaningful and well-being focused programs based on the six dimensions of Optimum Life®: physical, purposeful, emotions, social, intellectual, and spiritual - within the Brookdale community enhancing their quality of life. Recognizes individual abilities and needs while encouraging independence and ensure resident habits, historical routines, life stories, and preferences are honored in the provision of care and programming.
- Designs and implements the dementia care program in accordance with the Clare Bridge Program standards that will meet the individual needs and interests of the residents. Plans and ensures a seven-day-per-week calendar is implemented that promotes resident participation in a structured environment including small groups for residents who cannot participate in a large group setting.
- Ensures person-centered programs are in compliance with Brookdale’s Excellence Standards Tool (BEST) standards, state, federal, and other regulations and meet Brookdale’s mission, policies, procedures and standards.
- Leads person-centered engaging programs on the daily path with the residents. Plans coordinates and organizes associates programming assignments, organize and supervise volunteers and entertainment.
- Plans appropriately decorate and participates in special events at the community including holidays, signature programs, family socials and marketing events. Develops and maintains contact with community agencies and organizations including leading the National Alzheimer’s walk.
- Coordinates the transportation of residents to and from scheduled events outside of the community which may include driving a community motor vehicle.
- Provide direct supervision of minimally one or more full-time associates, dementia program assistants or Coordinators as required by the Executive Director, which includes assisting or completing with hiring, coaching, and counseling associates and conducting the documenting corrective action, as needed. Completes job performance evaluations.
- Responsible for the day-to-day operation of the dementia care program providing oversight to ensure Care Associates deliver person-centered programming and care in accordance with Brookdale’s Clare Bridge Program standards.
- Coordinate, lead training, and collaborate in hiring and education of associates regarding dementia care including how to lead programs on an ongoing basis. This includes facilitating in-services, computer-based and situation-specific training.
- Participates in collaboration with the leadership team in the preadmission/move-in process screening of prospective new residents as assigned by supervisor. Participates in the review of individual resident’s service plans and completes program and documentation, as required by Brookdale dementia program. Participates in collaboration with the leadership team residents move out review and process.
- Ensures and develops a culture of behavioral problem solving within the community, reports changes in residents’ overall health to nurse, including changes in behavior and participates in exploring approaches and interventions in a timely manner.
- Acts as a resource for care associates and families coping with the changes dementia causes and knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. May coordinate and implement
- family education or support groups. Advocates the importance of programming for residents with dementia regarding enhancing the quality of life.
- Communicates positively with residents, families, and community professionals regarding
- Brookdale’s Clare Bridge program and its benefits. Communicates with families regarding
- residents’ personal needs and successes.
- Creates plans of correction and implementation of correction for department quality improvement, BEST and surveys as assigned by the Executive Director. Collaborates with Executive Director in creating plans of correction and implementation of the corrections.
- Maintains and adheres to department budgetary requirements, equipment, and supplies.
- Shares manager on duty which may include weekend coverage, as required by the ExecutiveDirector. Performs other duties as assigned.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above-referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.
- Bachelor’s Degree such as gerontology, therapeutic recreation or related field with a minimum of three years of management and direct supervision experience preferred. Experience with residents with Alzheimer’s disease andother dementias in a residential setting required.
- Experience in program and event planning for older adults with
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias required; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a current 3-year driving abstract with no more than one moving violation a condition of employment. Any required state-specific training/qualifications must also be completed.
$15 - $17
About Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle
Brookdale’s culture embraces diversity and inclusion. Our mission is to enrich the lives of those we serve with compassion, respect, excellence, and integrity. Our vision is to be the nation’s first choice in senior living.
Brookdale Chambrel Pinecastle is an Assisted Living, Independent Living and Memory Care community in Ocala, FL. We are dedicated to providing the best customer service to our senior and their families.