Rural Mutual Insurance
Entry-level position which receives claims calls from customers and performs other claims assistant duties.
We offer a complete benefit package including medical, dental, life and LTD insurance. Bonus plan, time off benefits and a matching 401(k) retirement plan.
- Take loss reports from customers over the phone.
- Sorts the claims mail and distributes to the adjusters.
- Reviews the unassigned medical bills in the automated bill review process and requests additional information if necessary.
- Applies subrogation and other recoveries to the claim file.
- Sends letters to insureds on not reported work comp claims.
- Receives and reviews the REAP Waiver of Premium disability reports and makes coverage determinations.
- Pays invoices on claim files requested by the adjusters.
- Processes the payments on the installment agreement claim files and refers to the subrogation attorney as necessary.
- Sends letters to providers/ requesting medical records/itemized bills.
- Scans documents to claim files.
- Answers general work comp inquiry calls from outside callers.
- Assists claims legal when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Six months of office experience preferably in property and casualty insurance.
- Proficient and accurate keyboarding skills.
- Ability to operate a personal computer and proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite including Excel and Word.
- Basic math and bookkeeping skills.
- Ability to keep information confidential.
- Effective communications skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently.
- Knowledge of RMIC computer systems a plus.
About Rural Mutual Insurance
Rural Mutual has been recognized by the Ward Group as one of the top 50 property and casualty insurance companies in the country for the 11th consecutive year and is rated “A+” by AM Best.
We have also been named one of Madison Magazine’s “Best Places To Work”.