SES Group of Companies LLC
The Superintendent is responsible for the oversight of the project in the field, providing leadership to the field team, coordinating, and management of craft personnel and subcontractors, and ensuring successful completion of projects. The Superintendent works directly with the Project Manager and other members of the site management team to ensure the safe, timely, and quality completion of the project. This position will be located in the Tyndall Air Force Base, FL.
- Work closely with Project Manager to fully comprehend scope, schedule, and budget, then implement fieldwork accordingly
- Implement fieldwork in accordance with site-specific planning documents (e.g., Work Plan, Safety Plan, Quality
- Control (QC) Plan, SWPP, etc.), permits, and client-specific requirements
- Lead the field team and subcontractors in safety talks daily, in conjunction with the Site Safety and Health Officer (SSHO)
- Evaluate competencies of heavy equipment operators, and help train personnel in safe operations of equipment and scope of work, when necessary
- Evaluate competencies of laborers and other craft personnel; train and/or mentor when necessary
- Manage daily work activities (i.e., means and methods) of field crew
- Assist in cost estimating for labor, supplies, materials, and other project costs Collaborate with Project Managers to clearly understand project and budget, the implement fieldwork accordingly
- Coordinate with vendors and suppliers for timely materials and equipment delivery
- Assist in creating schedules for craft personnel and subcontractors
- Assist in the identification and hiring of additional subcontractors and local craft personnel
- Maintain a daily log for the job site’s operations, reporting to management as necessary
- Make recommendations to project manager for changes in field operations to best meet construction deadlines, and implement the same following approval from project management
- Implement management techniques that are cost effective and efficient
- Excellent communication abilities, including writing, speaking, and active listening
- Knowledge of construction budgeting best practices
- Good planning skills, including design execution, resource allocation, and contingencies
- Understanding of construction equipment, including daily inspections, safe operating practices, and maintenance requirements
- Understanding of local, state, and federal construction regulations
- Problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Effective leadership abilities, including time management, delegation, prioritizing, and multitasking
- The Superintendent is to oversee craft personnel and subcontractors.
Required Education, Experience, and Certifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Construction Management or related degree is preferred, but sufficient work history/hands-n experience will be considered in place of formal education
- Federal Construction project experience (DOD [e.g., USACE, NAVFAC] and DOE) strongly desired
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
- This is a full-time position typically assigned to a project location.
- The Work Week is considered Monday to Friday and the normal Workday is from 7:00 am to 5:30 pm: weekend work is also required on some projects to make up for weather days or to accommodate special client schedule restrictions.
- Project site Workday hours may vary depending on the geographical location, government working hours, the month of the year and weather, etc.
- Extensive travel required.
- Work Authorization/Security Clearance:
- Successfully pass a Federal background check to obtain a security clearance.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance, and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About SES Group of Companies LLC
SES Group of Companies LLC LEADS the way to a sustainable future for all stakeholders via our leadership (L), excellence (E), accountability (A), dedication (D), and safety (S). Our vision is to be industry leaders for energy, environmental, and infrastructure solutions through sustainable growth, commitment to excellent performance, and continuous innovation. At the heart of our core values, vision, and mission are our people.
We offer a great benefits package complete with medical, dental, vision and FSA; 401K matching; profit sharing; and paid time off (PTO). We want you to want to come to work.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to any protected category. We are also an advocate of preferential hiring and professional development of qualified Bristol Bay Native Corporation shareholders, their spouses and descendants, and Alaska Natives in accordance with Public Law 93-638.