Ducks Unlimited, Inc
Ducks Unlimited, Inc., has an opening for an Engineer in Training (EIT) for DU’s Southwest Region that includes Coastal Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, and New Mexico.
The position will be stationed in the Lafayette, LA office. Primary responsibilities will be along with the Louisiana and Texas Gulf Coast.
The successful applicant will join a highly motivated team of biologists and engineers to deliver wetland, riparian, and associated habitat restoration and enhancement projects.
- Be responsible for the operation of GPS and traditional surveying equipment for topographic and construction projects;
- Assist Regional Engineers with project designs and plan production utilizing AUTOCAD Civil 3D;
- Serve as DU’s representative on construction projects, while performing a variety of inspections to verify contractor’s compliance with plans, specifications, and standards;
- Prepare inspection reports and maintain project records; and
- Represent DU with local, state, and federal personnel, private landowners, and other conservation partners.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Agricultural Engineering from an ABET-accredited college is required.
- EIT or EI certification with a minimum of 2 years’ experience is required. The passing score on the PE exam is a plus.
- Proficiency with AUTOCAD Civil 3D for engineering designs and plan production is required.
- Experience with hydraulic modeling and related engineering software.
- Experience with topographic and construction surveying techniques, including GPS.
- Knowledge of heavy construction work methods, practices, materials, and equipment in marine environments.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques of project administration, construction inspection, and materials testing.
- Demonstrated ability to work with public and private conservation partners.
- Demonstrated oral and written interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate ATV and outboard boats.
- Self-motivated and goal-oriented.
- Willingness to work outside of normal business hours, willingness to work independently, willingness to travel overnight with some extended travel, ability to work in inclement weather, and ability to work with minimal supervision in remote work environments.
$50,000 - $75,000 yearly
About Ducks Unlimited, Inc
Ducks Unlimited, Inc. is the world’s leading wetland and waterfowl conservation, and our highly motivated Southern Region team of biologists, engineers, and other professionals are making a difference in the lives of people throughout the southeastern United States.
Ducks Unlimited's work to protect, manage and restore wetland and coastal habitats not only benefits waterfowl and other wildlife but also increases the resiliency of communities where we work. Our projects provide benefits that increase storm and flood protection for communities, improve water quality and supplies, and provide abundant recreational opportunities.