Triumph Lutheran Brethren Church
Triumph Lutheran Brethren Church is a vibrant two campus congregation looking for a Church Operations Director with the passion and dedication to further our mission in serving Christ. A person who enjoys managing a variety of tasks, is naturally decisive, and is effective in leading others will thrive in this role.
The following is a summary of the job responsibilities of this position:
- Finance Management: Oversee general and special fund accounting/record-keeping, reconciliation of accounts, assist in budget process and assist Treasurer as needed. Assist in timely reporting of finances (income and expense statements and balance sheets).
- Facility Management/Events: Manage the church facilities (currently two) in all areas of maintenance, cleaning, room set-up, security, scheduling and insurance. Assure that the buildings and grounds are maintained in the best condition to minimize long-term costs and to assure cleanliness and safety at all times for visitors. Oversee custodial staff scheduling, training, hiring, termination and evaluations. Oversee volunteers involved in helping with general maintenance.
- Human Resources: Oversee office staff including scheduling, hiring, termination, and yearly evaluations as well as benefits, payroll processing and record-keeping.
- Communications/Information Services: Serve as the integrating “information hub” of the congregation by cultivating and maintaining active communication with the staff and lay leadership. Oversee setup and maintenance of church audio and visual equipment, computer software, information databases and network maintenance, purchase of hardware, repair and maintenance of equipment.
- Office Management: Develop and implement standard office procedures. Create and maintain a welcoming environment in the church office. Oversee office staff including scheduling, hiring, termination and yearly evaluations. Advocate for the office staff to ensure that the work requested is appropriate to the hours available to accomplish it. Represent the office staff in leadership meetings.
- Must profess to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and be willing to work in harmony with Triumph’s Statement of Faith and Statement of Purpose.
- Display a love for people of all ages and life circumstances. Personal relational gifts and abilities should include approachability, active listening, compassion, wisdom, discernment and encouragement.
- Be a “team player” who finds satisfaction in contributing to a work environment that is positive as well as productive.
- Be committed to confidentiality, respecting the privacy of those who are involved in Triumph’s ministries.
- Possess excellent time management skills.
- Two year degree or four years of progressive experience in office management, prior experience supervising employees.
- Proficient in computer and MS Office products and Church Content Management Software (experience with Planning Center a plus), and accounting software.
- Ability to travel and have a valid driver’s license and insurable driving record.
- Ability to lift 20 lbs.
- Requires prolonged sitting and occasional walking, standing, bending, lifting, stooping and stretching.
About Triumph Lutheran Brethren Church
We have two church campuses with one in Moorhead, MN and another in West Fargo, ND as well as two preschools. Thirteen full time and 43 part-time paid staff work in these locations serving an average of 1,200 people in worship services during the week. We offer benefits including health, dental and vision insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts and Health Savings Accounts among other benefits and a competitive salary.