Little Buckeye Learning Center
We are looking for a responsible custodian to take pride in maintaining our four locations in the Columbus area. The cleanliness and appearance of a childcare facility are some of the most important parts of our business.
The ideal candidate should have experience in the custodial field focused on building upkeep. They should have an eye for detail, the ability to stand for long periods of time, and be able to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Maintain floors by sweeping, mopping
- Empty and clean trash receptacles
- Clean, sanitize, restock disposables, and supply bathrooms
- Clean and service custodial equipment as needed
- Perform minor repairs on furniture, buildings, and equipment
- Report any safety, sanitary, or fire hazards to the appropriate department
- Ensure grounds are cleaned daily
- Minor repairs as needed
- Playground or Indoor equipment assembly or moving furniture as needed
- Spreading mulch as needed - seasonal
- Remove trash daily, wipe down furniture, sanitize all high touch surfaces
- Wipe mirrors and windows
- Litter pick all grounds – at location scheduled for the day
- Perform maintenance and minor repairs (replacing broken switches, fixing door handles, minor leaks etc.)
- Report major damages and oversee repairs as scheduled by the corporate office
- Secure facilities after a shift by locking doors, closing windows, and setting up the alarm (if applicable)
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
- Current valid drivers license and reliable transportation
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds
- Comfortable squatting, twisting, bending, and kneeling while using tools and performing maintenance tasks
- Possess working knowledge of the methods, technique, and materials used in custodial work
- Ability to climb ladders
- Submit to background check as required by ODJFS
- Submit to drug screening
- The shift will be determined by workload – Weekend work may be required based on workload
$25,000 - $40,000 yearly
About Little Buckeye Learning Center
Little Buckeye Learning Center was founded in 1971 and over the past 50 years has earned the love and respect of thousands of children, parents, and the communities we serve.
Since our beginning, Little Buckeye Learning Center has grown and evolved to provide all the benefits of our changing culture and technology, while always remaining true to our core passion of providing our children and families with the absolute best care and education available in the daycare industry. We now have four operating locations that are ODJFS-licensed, Step Up to Quality rated, USDA Food Program certified, and most of all – devoted to the care and education of every child enrolled at our centers.
A Vision and Mission Our Team Believes In!
Our vision: Partnering with families to create a better future and world.
Our mission: Providing quality care and education-shaping our future, one child at a time.