Happy Valley Preschool
Child Care Educator
We are looking for an M-F 8 AM - 5 PM Child Care Educator for 2 month-olds to 1.5 year-olds.
Must love working with infants and have experience with early childhood education.
Team player who is on time, ready to work, and has a positive attitude!
Must follow a positive approach to responding to crying, redirecting behavior, monitoring play, and communicating in the classroom.
- Give lots of support to our infants attending our school
- Serve bottles, snacks, and lunches
- Help children fall asleep for nap time
- Sing songs and read books
- Lead children in their day-to-day activities
- Adapt well to following different schedules for each child
- Communicate effectively with teachers and parents
- Take kids on walks when weather permits
- Attention to detail with keeping the classroom clean and sanitized
- Follow all rules and guidelines set out by the Oregon Office of Child Care
Oregon requirements are:
- Registry within the CCD Central Background Registry
- Lead Teacher Qualified in the State of Oregon (1500 hours at a certified center or degree in Early Childhood Education)
- Safe Sleep Course
- CPR/1st Aid Certification
- Food Handlers Certification
- Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse and Neglect Certification
- Introduction To Child Care Health and Safety
$15 - $17 hourly DOE
About Happy Valley Preschool
Happy Valley Preschool has been family-owned and operated since 1990.
Teachers are valued and supported in an excellent working environment.
Our campus is positioned in the center of Happy Valley bordering a park with many nature trails.
This is a great place to work! Hiring happy teachers for our happy place!