Woodson YMCA, Inc.
Our Assistant Infant Teacher position is responsible for assisting with the creating a safe, high-quality child care program is operating at all times while having fun! We're looking for quality child care staff to act in accordance with the State of Wisconsin Licensing Regulations and live out our core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
- Paid time off and holiday pay
- Insurance packages including health, dental, life, and short term disability
- Spectacular retirement package, the Y will contribute 12% of annual salary
- Free Y Family access
- Discounts on Y programs and 50% off childcare
- Paid Continuing Ed and Apparel Allowance
- Great Working Environment!
- SIGN ON BONUS!
- Ensure the guidance and safety of all children in your care.
- Assure licensing rules are met.
- Assist in planning, supervising and implementing activities.
- Assist in planning and preparing the learning environment, setting up interest centers, and preparing needed materials and supplies.
- Assist in classroom supervision.
- Follow the daily schedule in accordance with the program.
- Care for and maintain program equipment and property.
- Maintain positive relationships with children, parents, and other staff members.
- Participate in and assist with planned family events.
- Answer parent concerns or make appropriate referrals to Child Care Director.
- Be responsible for knowing children’s whereabouts at all times.
- Attend professional workshops and staff meetings in order to be in compliance with continuing education policies.
- Make daily observations of the health of the children and isolate any sick child. Alert lead teacher to problem
- Maintain effective lines of communication with families but in respect to confidentiality.
- Assist the lead teacher in any other appropriate ways.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have completed high school or its equivalency as determined by the Department of Public Instruction.
- Prefer you have Early Childhood 1 but not required.
- Prior experience working in child care or with children preferred.
- Meet all State Licensing guidelines as stated in HFS46 Licensing Rules for Group Day Care Center.
- Have CPR and First Aid or acquire within 6 months.
- Possess and demonstrate the ability to interact with children on an on-going basis at the child’s level.
- Must have a background check, physical exam, within 30 days after starting.
$11.50 - $13.50 hourly
About Woodson YMCA, Inc.
The Woodson YMCA is an engine of transformation in our community. Our programs, services and initiatives: enable kids to realize their potential, prepare teens for leadership, offer ways for families to have fun together, empower people to be healthier in spirit, mind and body, welcome and embrace newcomers and help foster a service ethic. We instill our core values of Caring, Honesty, Responsibility and Respect throughout our Y programs.
People come to the Y to learn, have fun and get fit. But they soon discover skills, confidence, a sense of well-being and a connection to the world around them. You can find a gym, swimming pool or a treadmill in lots of places but it is our cause that makes the Y different. After serving our community for 127 years, just think of all those lives we have shaped and the future we have changed for the better. We really do strengthen the foundation of our community.