Title: Chief Operating Officer, Movement Schools
Location: Flexible (Southeast Preferred)
About Movement Schools
We are a rapidly growing network of free, public charter schools serving students in pre-K through 5th grade. We exist to love and value students, emphasize academics and virtue, and are building amazing schools with our students, teachers, and families.
Founded in Charlotte, we serve 1200 students across 4 schools and averaged 22% academic growth in our last academic year, three times the state average. Movement Schools are built in partnership with the Movement Foundation, which has committed more than $300 million dollars to help Movement Schools scale to serve communities across the nation.
The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for implementing the structures, systems, and controls necessary to effectively scale to 20 schools in the next 3 years and 100 schools over the next 10 years. We are looking for an experienced leader excited to build the team and systems necessary to support our rapid growth.
To learn more email: Tim.Hurley@movementfoundation.org
- Facilitate the process of developing, refining, and executing Movement’s strategic growth plan
- Define operations excellence for Movement and develop dashboards to manage regional and school-based operations staff members to results
- Build regional operations team to deliver excellent operations services and support, analyzing performance and customer satisfaction data to set and achieve continuous improvement goals
- Ensure school-based staff coverage, systems, and vendors are in place for transportation and food programs with reliable, safe, on-budget, and fully compliant delivery of service
Finance & Accounting
- Ensure Movement achieves annual and multi-year financial goals
- Develop Movement’s multi-year financial model, including analysis of each revenue source and critical expense driver, and line item budgets for each school.
- Hire and manage finance staff to support accounting, reporting, banking, budgeting, procurement, and compliance functions
- Oversee staff and strategies for planning, implementation, and support of all technology required for Movement to achieve its educational and business goals
Our Ideal Candidate
- Impressive track record of results - ambitious goals set and achieved
- Five plus five years of increasing operational management for a growing, multi-site organization
- Entrepreneurial leader who has successfully scaled a fast-growing organization
- Record of hiring and coaching thriving teams of senior leaders
- Gets joy from delivering amazing customer service
- Excels at system building
- Passionately committed to the vision of Movement Schools
About Movement Mortgage
At Movement, we exist to love and value people. We are disrupting the mortgage industry by lending with integrity, building outstanding corporate culture, and investing in our communities. On any given day, you might find a processor volunteering for a local charity or an underwriter winning the corn-hole tournament at the office. You'll also find that we're the seventh-largest mortgage lender in the country.
So why Movement?
- Competitive pay
- Medical, dental, and life insurance
- Company matched 401K
- Excellent career growth opportunity
- Fun, team-focused working environment
- Employee driving community outreach program