As a chemical plant mechanic you will obviously work as one of the a mechanics in the chemical plant you must have a good safety record and put safety first. You must have at least 5 to 10 years’ experience and be willing to work night shift.
Willing to work long hours and weekends if necessary, willing to work rotating shift or work nights if requested.
Familiar with OSHA regulations – Hot Work, Confined Space, Lock-Tag-Try, Line Break, etc.
You must be able to work well with others, you must also be self-directed if needed.
- Has basic on-hands trouble-shooting skills
- Knowledge of work order and Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Good safety record
- Work nights if asked
- Rebuild centrifugal and gear pumps
- Change out pumps – align pump and motor. Wire motor
- Change out Mechanics seals on pumps and agitator mixers
- Rebuild mechanical seals
- Rebuild small gearboxes
- Work with vacuum pumps
- Use of basic millwright skills – setting equipment, etc.
- Use of pipe fitting skills – welded and screwed – can operate and pipe threading machine
- Use of basic equipment rigging skills
- Steel plate and structural steel shapes – can use an acetylene torch and or a plasma torch
- Use of basic electrical skill
- Can use a multi-meter, ground tester, and possibly a megohmmeter
- Will operate – Forklifts, man lifts, boom truck (nice to have)
- Preventive Maintenance Systems
- Welding skills – stick, mig and tig welding
- High School Diploma or GED
- 5 - 10 yrs experience in this filed
- Must be able to work well with others meet all of the above qualifications, responsibilities and job description
- Pass background and drug screen
- Pass fit test
$20.00 - $25.00 hourly
About Newberry Mac
We value pride, passion and performance and we are looking for choice individuals to serve the community in which we work. Join us!