Pinehurst Surgical Clinic is seeking a proven CFO who is a straightforward, articulate leader with high ethical standards. Ideally this person would be a strategic visionary with political savvy who is decisive and able to adapt a big picture perspective.
Our dynamic, multi-specialty surgical clinic requires a financial leader who is well-rounded, firm but fair, possesses strong relationship building skills, is both strategic and personable. Successful candidates will have experience as a proven, surgical specialty, group practice leader with an eye for positioning the group for future, continued success. The position will report to the current Chief Executive Officer. Competitive salary, full benefit package and quarterly performance based bonus plan.
With a rich history, a solid reputation, and a modern office, you will have the opportunity to work in a sophisticated medical practice while living in a friendly hometown environment. Life in the Sandhills offers families more than just resort-style living. Cultural and recreational amenities are plentiful and the area has a climate well suited for year round recreation.
Moore County is home to 43 of the finest North Carolina golf courses, all within a 15 mile radius. What you may not know is that our community is also a vital center of business, education, and health care. The school systems consistently exceed state and national averages. The impressive school system, small town atmosphere and picturesque downtown areas make Pinehurst the perfect place to live. There is no need for you to compromise, you can have it all - a quietly elegant lifestyle and a challenging career.
Master’s degree (MA), CPA or equivalent with five to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
The ability to understand the revenue cycle for surgical providers, including but not limited to the government rules and regulations associated with the coding, billing, and collecting for services.
Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9-10 coding and claims processing.
The CFO will have primary day-to-day responsibility for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all finance related activities of the clinic in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles issued by the Financial Accounting Standards Board, the Securities and Exchange Commission, and other regulatory and advisory organizations and in accordance with financial management techniques and practices appropriate within the industry.
Financial Analysis, Budgeting and Forecasting
- Develop credibility by providing timely and accurate financial reports that will assist the CEO and other senior managers in fulfilling their responsibilities.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting their budgets.
- Prepare and present monthly financial budgeting reports including monthly profit and loss statements, forecast vs. budget by department and cash flow reports.
- Review and analyze monthly financial results and provide recommendations.
- Develop and advise cost control and reimbursement strategies.
- Utilize forward-looking models and activity based analysis to provide financial insight into the organization’s plans and operating budgets.
Accounting, General Ledger, Administration and Operations
- Oversee the month-end close process, constantly reviewing procedures while eliminating inefficiencies.
- Oversee preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements.
- Review and ensure application of appropriate internal controls, compliance and financial procedures.
- Manage the preparation of the official reports of actual revenues, transfers, and expenses at the individual physician, department and organization level.
- Implement operational best practices.
- Focuses Practices on issues that will positively impact financial performance. Works with Practice leadership on annual budgeting, forecasting and analysis for potential new business opportunities.
- Achieves favorable reimbursement agreements with payers.
- Analyzes the implication of each element in the revenue cycle recommending interventions and initiating actions.
Financial and Cash Management
- Manage cash flow planning process and ensure fund availability.
- Oversee investments and management of assets.
- Explore new investment opportunities and provide recommendations on potential returns and risks.
- Maintain outstanding banking relationships and strategic alliances with vendors and business partners.
- Oversee weekly cash management; approve large payables, sign checks, authorize large wires.
- Supervise accounts receivable management and provide guidance relating to the collection process.
- Administer the retirement plan and profit sharing plan including related legal issues.
- Ensure compliance with local, state, and federal reporting requirements.
- Direct financial audits and provide recommendations for procedural improvements.
- Coordinate activities of external auditors.
- Assist with tax functions as well as special projects.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective problem solver; be viewed as approachable and as a mentor to people concerning financial issues.
- Create and establish annual financial objectives that align with the clinic’s plan for growth and expansion.
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision-making issues affecting the clinic such as evaluation of potential alliances and acquisitions.
- Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the clinic.
- Identify, develop and execute feasibility studies for business initiatives and new service offerings.
- Assist Human Resources with benefit plans, with particular emphasis on maximizing a cost-effective benefits package.
- Prepare operational statistical reports to track clinic key performance measures.
- Participate in the negotiation of contracts.
- Evaluate the impact of hospital outpatient bundling and/or other payment policy changes. Assessment of alternative payment arrangements, including global risk agreements, bundled payments, etc.
- Serve on the Financial Operations and the Business Development committees.
- Represent Pinehurst Surgical as an executive; potential travel involved.
- Strategic planning to meet goals and work with outside constituencies to maximize reimbursement.
- Recruit, train, supervise and evaluate staff.
- Improve efficiencies in the use of labor and assets and the optimum allocation of resources.
- Evaluate the finance division structure and team plan for continual improvement of the efficiency and effectiveness of the group as well as provide individuals with professional and personal growth.
- Oversee daily operations of the finance department.
Accountable to the Chief Executive Officer
Positions accountable to the CFO:
- Director of Business Services
- Finance Manager / Data Analyst
- Functions Accountable to the CFO
- Accounts Payable
- Patient Financial Services
- Patient Access Services
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Master’s degree (MA), CPA or equivalent with five to ten years’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Ability to understand the revenue cycle for surgical providers, including but not limited to the government rules and regulations associated with the coding, billing, and collecting for services.
- Working knowledge of CPT and ICD9-10 coding and claims processing.
- Experience negotiating hospital compensation arrangements.
- Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on controversial or complex topics to management, outside stakeholders, and the Board of Directors.
- Straight forward, articulate leader with high ethical standards and an appropriate professional image.
- Sound technical skills, analytical ability, good judgment and strong operational focus.
- Demonstrated success in implementing financial planning and management strategies.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts and operations such as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to apply principles of logical or scientific thinking to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
- Demonstrated success in budgeting and monitoring financial performance.
- Excellent at negotiating. Experience with managed care contracting.
- A strategic visionary with political savvy. Decisive and able to adapt a big picture perspective.
- A well-organized and self-directed team player.
- A good educator, trustworthy, willing to share information and serve as a mentor.
Compensation: Varies Depending on Experience
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!