PAW Health-24 Hour Animal Care Center
The Certified Vet Technician role with PAW Health is a licensed position that's primary function is in the care of animals. They perform initial evaluations of a patient's condition, dress wounds, check vital signs, collect samples, perform advanced lab work, may assist in procedures and administer medication and provide support to Veterinarians as assigned.
- Provide efficient and professional communications with caregivers and coworkers.
- Provide immediate patient support with relevant medical data and instructions.
- Effectively perform duties and manage personnel within the clinic laboratory.
- Partner within a Major/Minor Medical Team for patient assessment, diagnostics, treatments.
- Maintain a service-minded personality with the patient's health being the primary focus.
- Understand logistics to maintain hospital efficiency and reduce costs.
- Education and Experience: Two (2) years of experience in a veterinary hospital is encouraged but is not required. Current veterinary technology students are welcome to apply.
- Certificates, Licenses and Registrations: Current unrestricted license/certification in veterinary technology, or current student of an accredited veterinary technician program.
- Constructive Exchange: Ability to work in a performance based environment where ideas are solicited, received, and integrated from peers and executives. Recognizes areas of healthy conflict and retains a skillset to manage conflict with an open and honest dialogue.
- Computer Skills: Maintains proficiencies in basic computer functions, practice management software, scheduling software, and standard word/spreadsheet software.
$11.50 -18.00 / hour
About PAW Health-24 Hour Animal Care Center
At PAW Health Network, we consider the animals our collective patients and their humans as active members in the caregiver medical team. We rely upon owning caregivers to administer medications, notice clinical signs, track diseases, and provide our medical team with necessary information to help manage each patient. It is our job to not only diagnose and manage conditions, but effectively educate caregivers on diseases and wellness strategies to maintain overall patient quality of life. As such, we actively ensure that every member of our clerical and medical support teams are treated as equals, without exception. From the patient check-in process, through diagnostics and treatments, and concluding at check-out, we take performance and efficiency seriously to ensure a superior experience.