Certified Ophthalmic Assistant needed in our Sanford location with some travel to Pinehurst.
Full time, competitive salary, full benefits and excellent bonus potential.
Responsible for initial workup of all patients prior to seeing the Doctor. Responsible for accurate maintenance of and recording of chart documentation. Must be able to assist the doctor as needed as a scribe and help with minor surgical procedures. Must maintain and record all chart documentation correctly in the patient’s chart. Will be assisting the doctor and the patient to ensure the patient gets the proper care needed.
- Do initial workup on patient before seeing the doctor
- Performs many of the diagnostic tests that are required by the doctor such as visual acuities, manual refraction, manual keratometry, dominant eye, confrontational fields, EOM’s, pupil check, tonometry, applination and dilation (administer drops)
- Able to perform many diagnostic testing such as NFA, OCT, ECC, IOL and Orbscan
- Able to take triage calls
- Instructs patients both verbally and with written instructions regarding medication and treatments
- Proper stocking of supplies in the exam room
- Cleans and sterilizes equipment
- Assistance to Scribes as needed
- Certified Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician or equivalent education and experience.
- Must demonstrate competencies applicable to the job description.
- Needs good handwriting and computer skills.
- Should be detailed oriented and have excellent interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well with a variety of people.
- Be a Team Player.
- Medical Background preferred but not required.
- Well organized
- Service oriented
- Maintains confidentiality
- Above average communication skills
About Pinehurst Surgical
Pinehurst Surgical is a state-of-the-art facility located in Pinehurst, North Carolina with locations in Rockingham, Sanford, Raeford, Laurinburg, Troy and more!