Work for a company that cares about YOU. At BrightStar Care Columbus, our employees make a difference in the lives of people every day, and we remain committed to making a difference in the lives of our employees. Be part of a team that appreciates the work you do and supports the career you want.
Under the supervision of the unit coordinator, observes and monitors client behavior and emotional status 24 hours a day; assists clinical staff with documentation of charts, phone contracts, and other means in which to better aid the client; implements programmatic activities or events; attend schedule meetings and provide safe transportation for client.
YOU are in control of your own schedule, with the option to pick what days and shifts you want to work!
We offer excellent full-time benefits, flexibility, and advanced technology that supports employees in delivering their best performance.
We value our employees, and we offer benefits and perks, including:
- Competitive pay and weekly paychecks
- Paid time off
- Health, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- 401(k) savings plan with company match
- Flexible scheduling and work/life balance
- Referral incentives and earning opportunities
- Recognition programs
- Observes and monitors client behavior and emotional status.
- Escorts residents to meals, meetings, and Detox appointments.
- Maintains rules and regulations to support program structure.
- Conducts thorough searches of residents and belongings to remove contraband.
- Reports client behavior, activities, and emotional status to case management staff through verbal and written reports through shift reports and/or incident reports.
- Response to and documents injuries, emergencies, and other non-routine events.
- Conducts hourly rounds to ensure resident safety.
- Monitors residents during scheduled breaks.
- Monitor residents during scheduled medication times.
- Completes required documentation of charts and maintains compliance with the Community Shelter Board’s HMIS data collection standards.
- Maintains sensitive and confidential information.
- Collect admission intake data including resident’s BAC.
- Document resident entry and exit information within the resident file.
- Maintain bed list accuracy by initial entry and assisting management with bed list report comparisons.
- Complete Columbus Service Point data entry certification.
- Attend scheduled meetings.
- Attends monthly PCA meetings.
- Attends job-specific in-service training.
- Attends a minimum of two (2) cultural diversity training per year.
- Completes required annual Relias training.
- Ensures resident supplies are available upon entry and during the residential stay.
- Stocking hygiene and bedding supplies on each shift.
- Supplying hygiene and bedding supplies to residents upon request.
- Completing routine maintenance, including emptying trash cans and bagging linen
- Provides safe transportation to clients.
- Follows Maryhaven's transportation policy.
- Escorts clients to recovery meetings.
- Picks-up food and supplies from the main building.
- Assists case management by distributing bus passes and taxicab vouchers.
This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive and the employee will also perform other reasonably related business duties as assigned
- Knowledge and skills at a level normally acquired through the completion of a High School Diploma or G.E.D.
LICENSES, CREDENTIALS, CERTIFICATIONS
- Current certification in CPR, First Aid, and CPI de-escalation training.
SKILLS, SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, and ABILITIES
- Knowledge of substance abuse, chemical dependency, and mental health treatment issues in the homeless population.
- Maturity and ability to role model healthy interpersonal communication with clients and staff.
- Demonstrate maturity and ability to effectively communicate with clients, their families, referring professionals, and agencies.
- Familiar with the principals and programs of AA, NA, and Al-Anon, and similar recovery groups.
- Ability to handle sensitive information and maintain a high level of confidentiality; must sign a confidentiality agreement.
- Excellent professional communication skills (verbal and written).
- The organization, attention to detail, flexibility, and strong ability to multi-task.
- Experience in secured settings.
- Ability to work without supervision and demonstrate considerable initiative.
PHYSICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
- Ability to conduct visual and auditory monitoring; communicate effectively with clients from diverse socioeconomic backgrounds; use related office equipment, telephone, copier, and fax; perform under stress; make sound judgments based on ability to generalize, evaluate and decide; adapt to situations involving the interpretation of feelings, ideas and facts; adapt to changing duties and responsibilities.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to lower or raise objects (25-40 pounds); sufficient mobility to carry out unit activities and intervene in high-risk or volatile situations; work on feet for eight hours; physically able to ensure clients welfare during emergencies and other non-routine situations.
- Mental Requirements: advice, compare, evaluate, interpret, organize, supervise, analyze, decide, inspect, measure, plan, work independently, calculate, instruct, negotiate, problem-solve.
$14 - $15 hourly
About BrightStar Care
Are you looking for a job where you can make a difference in people's lives? Do you want to work for a company that truly cares about you? At BrightStar Care, we become part of our clients' lives by providing the highest quality of care when they need our help the most. That's where you can shine.