Pathway To Hope
Your expertise is needed as a Peer Support Specialist. Use your lived experience in mental health recovery to assist other adults in their mental health recovery.
- Be an advocate
- Provides information and peer support for people engaging in outpatient services across our system of care
- Perform a wide range of tasks to assist people in services ensuring they control their recovery process and life
- Supports individuals, staff, and the community by sharing their lived experience in a way that provides hope, encourages self-determination, and connection to the community
- Complete Level 2 Training within one year of hiring date
- High School Diploma or GED
- CPS (Certified Peer Specialist) Level 1 Certification from the State of Kansas
- Self-identified as having direct personal experience living with mental illness and recovery, with a primary diagnosis of mental illness or dual diagnosis (Must agree to disclose own mental illness diagnosis for the purpose of educating, role modeling, and providing hope to others about the reality of recovery)
- One (1) year of experience working on recovery and able to manage own wellness
- Must maintain required credentials and mandatory training requirements to ensure compliance with all State regulations and Pathway To Hope policies
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license in your state of residence and a clean driving record
About Pathway To Hope
When it comes to helping individuals and families facing mental illness, the community makes a difference. Whether it's a support group, educational workshop, individual peer support, housing, or our dynamic day program, you will find someone who understands so you don't have to face mental illness alone. Our dedicated team of staff and volunteers have been serving Johnson County and the Greater Kansas City Area for more than 20 years.