Dental Harbor by Abby Dew, DDS
We are looking for a world-class Dental Assistant for our luxe, high-tech, and independently-owned boutique dental practice on Skidaway Island near Savannah, Georgia. With amenities like chilled Pellegrino, warmed blankets, and AppleTVs with noise-canceling headphones, Dental Harbor by Abby Dew, DDS, is far from a typical dental office.
Join our team including two other amazing Dental Assistants and Dr. Abby Dew, Connect Savannah’s 2021 Best Dentist and Savannah Magazine’s 2021 Runner-Up Best Cosmetic Dentist. We are fun, energetic, and driven professionals in delivering amazing bespoke dental experiences to clients of all ages.
Competitive pay, benefits, and paid time off are offered.
- Get treatment rooms ready for examination and procedures by equipping them with necessary sterilized equipment, dental instruments, anesthetics, dental supplies, and materials
- Meet patients and explain dental care treatment plans so they feel comfortable during the appointment
- Provide postoperative instructions with methods for infection control of the patients’ teeth and gums after procedures, answer any questions they may have about dental hygiene, and schedule appointments for patient care follow up
- Measure and document vital signs and update medical history for patients
- Help dentist and dental hygienists during procedures or examinations by providing suction, handing off dental instruments, and ensuring chair-side accessibility to the team
- Assist the dentist during procedures and examinations by handing off dental instruments, providing suction, and ensuring chairside accessibility
- Take high-quality digital 2D & 3D radiographs
- Manage supply ordering and lab case management
- Certified Dental Assistant (CDA) certification or RDA state license by the Dental Assisting National Board's (DANB)
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, customer service, organization, and excellent communication skills are preferred
- Associate’s Degree or a certification from a college or technical school training program accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation is required
- Proficiency with computers and experience updating patient histories with dental software is necessary
- Up-to-date BLS/CPR certification is required
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of hands-on Dental Assistant experience
- Current radiography certification required
- Maintain annual OSHA, HIPAA, CPR, and Infection Control training as required by law
- Outstanding verbal communication skills and emotional intelligence
- Open Dental experience will help you stand out!
$19 - $22 hourly
About Dental Harbor by Abby Dew, DDS
Dental Harbor is a confident, passionate, and highly-skilled team that gives back to our coastal community and delivers care that achieves and maintains healthy smiles in a calm and inviting environment. We work in a gorgeous new office with brand new equipment and state-of-the-art technology.
We offer health. vision, and employer-paid life insurance benefits, paid time off, paid holidays, and dental care for our team members and their immediate families.
Check out Dental Harbor on Instagram and Facebook at @DoctorAbbyDew!